We have already told you about how to unlock bootloader on Xperia Sola and root it. Xda dev member krabappel2548 has launched a custom ROM based on .564 stock firmware and Android ICS named as Xperia Sspeed. This ROM is tweaked and developed for better performance and battery life. This is a pre-rooted ROM, check more details below:
- zipaligned and deodexed
- Pre-Rooted with advanced stock kernel
- RAM and GPU optimization
- ICS transition UI
- Wallpaper added
- Charging animation
- status bar toggle and swipe to remove notification.
1. Sony Xperia Sola must have bootloader unlocked and Rooted. As there is no custom recovery available yet we need to flash using fastboot.
2. Other Pre-requisite are common with this Guide.
How to Install Xperia SSpeed on Sony Xperia Sola:
Step 1. Download the KA02_Xperia_SSpeed.zip file and copy it to the fastboot folder.
2. Now, Connect data cable to PC but not with Xperia Sola. Then, you need to turn off your Sony Xperia Sola and reboot it in a fast boot mode by pressing and holding Power button and Volume Up / Down button simultaneously>> connect data cable to trigger Fast Boot mode.
3. Now, press shift + Right click inside the white space on the fastboot folder and select “Open Command Window here”.
4. Execute the command as below to flash the ROM to Xperia Sola:
Fastboot flash KA02_Xperia_SSpeed.zip
5. Now, restart Phone with following command:
6. Now, the phone will restart and new UI will welcome you. Go to settings => privacy => and do a factory reset. It is important.