Samsung Mesmerize on US cellular and Samsung Showcase on C spire Wireless got Gingerbread update but still waiting to get the official ICS update. XDA developer member has introduced a new custom AOKP Android 4.0.4 ICS ROM for Mesmerize and Showcase. This a AOKP based ROM so you may expect CyanogenMod like user interface. They are still working to make it bug less. Most of the things are working including camera, CDMA radio, SMS, MMS etc. Try this ROM and let us know your experience.
- Get ready with your Windows based Computer, Samsung device (Mesmerize / Showcase) and USB data cable.
- Backup of all the application and data is must as this updating process is going to wipe all your data such as SMS, contacts, call logs, bookmarks, APN (internet settings), images, videos and music etc. So, it’s better to create backup of above mentioned important data.
- Device battery must be charged to 60% or more. So, you will not face any power issue.
- Uninstall Samsung’s PC software Kies, if installed. This may cause interruption during the flashing process.
- Disable and uninstall the anti-virus from your Computer and device respectively to avoid interruption during the process.
- Enable your USB Debugging by following the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ in your device and then, check the USB debugging option.
ROM for Mesmerize (File Name: aokp_mesmerizemtd-ota-eng.bboybuild35.1-LP.zip File Size: 116.83 MB) ROM for Showcase (File Name: aokp_showcasemtd-ota-eng.bboybuild35.1-LP.zip File Size: 116.83 MB) Blacked Out Gapps (File Name: gapps-ics-BlackedOut.v2-LP.zip File Size: 50.81 MB) 3rd ZIP (File Name: 404.Data.apps.v6-LP.zip File Size: 13.63 MB)
ROM for Mesmerize (File Name: aokp_mesmerizemtd-ota-eng.bboybuild35.1-LP.zip File Size: 116.83 MB)
ROM for Showcase (File Name: aokp_showcasemtd-ota-eng.bboybuild35.1-LP.zip File Size: 116.83 MB)
Blacked Out Gapps (File Name: gapps-ics-BlackedOut.v2-LP.zip File Size: 50.81 MB)
3rd ZIP (File Name: 404.Data.apps.v6-LP.zip File Size: 13.63 MB)
How to Install Devious AOKP Android 4.0.4 custom ROM on Samsung Mesmerize/Showcase
Step 1. Pretending that you have completed all the above steps and downloaded all three zip files based on your device. Now, get ready for the updating process. So, first connect your Samsung device with your Computer via USB data cable.
Step 2. Then, place the zip file which you have downloaded from the step 7 under Pre-Requisite, into the root of the SD card.
Step 3. Let the file get transferred completely, then you must turn off the device and reboot it to ClockworkMode Recovery.
Step 4. It is recommended to take the back of your current ROM. This step is quite important because later on if you face problem with this new ROM then you can easily get back to the current ROM.
Step 5. Wipe all your cache data from your device. For this select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ and again select ‘Wipe Cache partition’. Later on, select ‘Dalvick cache’, under Advance option.
Step 6. Get back to recovery mode and now choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. After that select the zip file from SD card to flash the new ROM in your device (Selection of ROM should be according to your Samsung device). If you don’t have ICS installed on your device then try to install this zip file first. Click here to download the zip file.
Step 7. Then, you need to choose ‘+++Go Back+++’ to return in main menu and select ‘Install zip from sd card > Choose zip from sd card’ to flash the Blacked Out Gapps. Confirm your installation by selecting ‘Yes’.
Step 8. Now, you need to select ‘+++Go Back+++’ option to return in main menu and select ‘reboot system now’ to reboot your device.
Step 9. Once your device reboots, then follow the similar process to flash the 3rd Zip file. As you have flashed the all three zip files. So, once more getting back to main menu by select ‘+++Go Back+++’ option and select ‘reboot system now’ to reboot your device once again.
Step 10. Congratulation! You can now enjoy the new Devious ROM on your Samsung device.