HTC One V users who are waiting for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean can now install the AOKP Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM on their device. This ROM gives all the Jelly Bean features on your HTC One V but has some minor bugs. XDA dev forum member rukin5197 has already mentioned that Wi-Fi hotspot, Camcorder, Auto Brightness are not working. The ROM is stable and working great on One V. Beside that this ROM is based on latest Kang’s project jelly Bean build. Developer has already promised that bugs will be resolved very soon and you will see a full working ROM.
- Backup must be done etc on your HTC One V for your data, settings and apps such as APN settings, call logs, contacts, MMS settings, SMS, MMS, Wi-Fi passwords, images, music, videos etc so that you won’t lose any data during updating the process.
- All security suites such as firewall and antivirus must disabled on your HTC device and Computer so that you will no longer be interrupted by them.
- Make sure that USB debugging mode on your One V device is enabled. You can do this through the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’.
- Also, device battery should be charged to minimum 80% or more so that during updating your HTC One V device it won’t turn off but if it does that you will not be able to restart it again.
- Your HTC One V must have with unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed on it.
How to Install AOKP Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM on HTC One V
Step 2. Then you need to place both your zip file to the root of the SD card.
Step 3. Turn off your device and boot into the bootloader mode simply by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power button until the screen turns on. Then, you need to select the RECOVERY from the menu to enter into recovery mode.
Step 4. In the recovery mode, perform a Nandroid backup by selecting Backup and Restore > Backup.
Step 5. You are also need to download the Fastboot from here.
Step 6. Then, you need to extract the ROM zip file to get the boot.img file on your Computer. After extracting that, you need to extract the Fastboot.zip file on your Computer.
Step 7. Now, connect your HTC One V to the Computer and open the command prompt to type the following command –
fastboot (for ensuring that the device is detected by your computer.)
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Step 8. Once the kernel is flashed, you will find finished/OKAY message on command prompt and you can disconnect your HTC device from the computer.
Step 9. Now, on your HTC One V select ‘HBOOT’ using the Power button and then select ‘RECOVERY’ to enter into recovery mode.
Step 10. Using Volume and power buttons, select wipe data/factory reset and then confirm it by selecting ‘Yes’ on next screen.
Step 11. Then, select ‘install zip from sd card’ followed by ‘choose zip from sd card’ to select the ROM file and confirm the same on next screen.
Step 12. You need to repeat the above step to flash Google Apps package (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip) on your device.
Step 13. Once the installation process completes, you need to select the reboot system now option to restart your HTC One V and boot into AOKP ROM.