CyanogenMod are most looked after Android custom ROM. There is a official version CM9 based on ICS released for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G few weeks ago. This time developers have modded the version the created a custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi. Although, the ROM has few bucks and they will be resolved very soon.
Galaxy Tab has all the power to run Android 4.1 Jelly Bean like Fluid but it looks like User will need to wait for months to get the Jelly Bean update. But if you have rooted your Android Tablet then you can download and install AOSP Jelly Bean on CyanogenMod 10 AOKP ROM but these are still in alpha stage and have lots of bugs. The best ROM you can try right now is CyanogenMod 9 that has no bugs and working very well for some of our dedicated readers.
Disclaimer: I must make it clear to all the users that this is a risky process and you must be careful before installing this custom ROM. After installing this ROM your device’s warranty will not be valid any more for which we or developer are not responsible.
Pre – Requisite:
- Before installing the ROM, you need to have a rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab with ClockworkMode Recovery installed in it.
- Then, you need to take the full backup of your device. The things which you must take care of are –
SMS, call logs, contacts, images, audios, videos, Bookmarks, APN (Access Point Names) settings and MMS settings etc.
- You also need to disable and uninstall the Anti – Virus from your computer and Samsung device respectively. As this may cause interruption during the installing process.
- Device’s battery must be charged to 70% or above. Just to ensure that it won’t switch off in between the process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung device by following the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’. Make sure that your have checked the USB debugging option.
- Download the ROM and gapps from the official developer page.
How to Install CM9 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi:
Step 1. Assuming that you have completed all the above steps under Pre-Requisite. So, first connect your device with your Computer by using USB data cable and copy both the downloaded zip files to the root of your SD card.
Step 2. Then, you must turn off your device to enter into Recovery Mode by holding and pressing Volume button and Power buttons simultaneously for few seconds till the recovery screen appears on the screen of your Samsung device.
Step 3. Once it get into the recovery mode Then, take the backup of Nandroid.
Step 4. Again from the recovery main menu, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache’. Also, select ‘wipe Dalvik cache’ from Advance menu to clear all the cache from your device.
Step 5. Then, you need to select ‘install zip from SD card’ and then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Then, select the zip file for ROM to flash your device. Wait until the process gets completed. The process may take around 7-8 minutes to complete.
Step 6. Repeat the step 5 but, this time you must select the zip file to flash Gapps on your device.
Step 7. Then, you need to select ‘+++Go Back+++’ to return in main menu. Now, reboot your device by choosing the ‘reboot system now’ option from the main menu to reboot your device.
Step 8. Congratulation! You have successfully completed the installation process.