Samsung Galaxy SIII is new flagship phone from Samsung launched few weeks ago but it seems like developers were prepared for it and now there are more than a dozen of custom ROM for SGSIII. We tried our best to select the best Custom ROM that are stable, fast and battery efficient. We have handpicked 5 best custom ROM available for Galaxy SIII that are worth trying. We have left all other ROM that are still in beta stage or have some major bugs.
CyanongenMod 10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean has been released AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SIII. Although, there are few bugs that will be resolved in coming weeks but Galaxy S3 users can enjoy the Jelly Bean experience. We would include CM10 on our Best Custom ROM list once we test it.
1. Omega Custom ROM: This is the best ROM if you love SGSIII base firmware and want to keep yourself on safer side. This ROM is based on XXALF2 Android 4.0.4 Official update. Developer has fully ripped off the bloatwares, zip aligned, Deodexed and Rooted the ROM to make it stable and fast. Some users are reporting that they are getting better battery performance as well. We have already provided a detailed tutorial to install the Omega ROM here.
2. ROMAur custom ROM for SGSIII: ROMAur custom ROM is based on Android ICS XXALF2 Firmware. There are few extra tweaks to make it battery and performance efficient. There are few more graphics and RAM optimization tweaks. We have already reviewed this ROM and told about the installation procedure.
3. Wanamlite ROM for Galaxy SIII: Wanamlite has emerged recently and they are developing and adding new things very fast. They have done some further changes to base firmware and added extra functionalities like unlimited SMS recipients, automatic SMS encoding, Tweaked Pegasusq Governer for better Battery life. You can maintain large APN list, enabled call recording, 4way reboot, Multi CSC and other features. the lost is big. This ROM is Smooth and stable and Quadrant Score are pretty fine.
4. CM-Zoom CM9 ROM for SGS3: Samsung Galaxy S3 has not got an Official CM9 build yet but a XDA dev forum contributor has added a CM9 AOKP based ROM named as CM-Zoom and reporting that it is running fine on SGS3. there are few Improvisation with RAM and GPU UI rendering. Beside that its stock CM9 ported to Galaxy SIII. There are no bugs report yet but it is running on Abyss kernel so there may be some issues.
5. Black Star ROM for SGSIII: Black star are ROM for recognized developer and senior xda dev forum memeber m3dd0g. He has already created a successful ROM for SGSII and Galaxy Note. Ge has added some CPU Overclocking and undervolting tweaks with hotplug governor [ less stable then pegasusq governor]. You will get battery life and fast charging speed. I would not suggest this ROM for beginners who are not in a mood of testing and enjoying. But these are ready for Freaks who are ready to try everything.
We will be posting a new article on Best Jelly Bean and IceCream sandwich based ROMs for Galaxy SIII. Stay tuned with us.