Samsung Galaxy Y is a low-end phone which runs on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread operating system. This phone gained popularity among people because of its price range, as people got a 2MP camera, Android OS and an 800GHz processor etc. All in the budget price of Rs. 7,500 only. Moreover, there are many custom ROM’s available for this phone which enhances the user experience of using it. Below we will discuss about such top 10 custom ROM’s which you can install in your Samsung Galaxy Y and extend its capability.
Note: This is an outdated post. Please check out the latest Best custom ROM for Galaxy Y.
Samsung Galaxy Y will not be getting Jelly Bean Firmware. There is a Jelly Bean themed custom ROM available for Galaxy Y that is pretty stable and fast. We will be creating a whole new list of latest custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy Y very soon.
What are Custom ROM’s?
Custom ROM’s or customized ROM’s are made by expert developers for people who are bored of using the Stock ROM of their device. (Stock ROM’s are the version of the phone’s operating system that comes with your phone when you buy it.)
These ROM’s increase performance and efficiency of your phone, these also have a battery life than that of the Stock ROM. You can remove all the unwanted apps and garbage which use a lot memory space.
Before installing any Custom ROM:
- You need to root your device for Superuser access to install or flash any custom ROM.
- Your device should have at least 70% charge with it, to assure that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- Backup all essential Data’s on your phone.
- Disable all security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your device, as these security suites generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Y from the path “Settings >Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
How to install any Custom ROM?
- Download the required custom ROM’s zip file, extract it and place it in the root directory of your phone’s SD card.
- Move the placed file toClockworkmod > backup folder using file manager.
- Now, reboot your phone to achieve Recovery Mode on your phone. To do so, press Volume up + Power + Home buttons together.
- Now, select “Update from SD card” and select “Clockworkmod” (Skin 1980 file).
- You will automatically move into ClockworkMod Recovery. Then wipe data and cache before installing the custom ROM.
- Now, select “backup and restore” and then select “custom rom.zip ………..” (Filename).
- After the installation process completes, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your system.
- First boot may take 5 minutes or more, so be patient.
That’s it you have successfully installed your desired custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Y.
List of Top 10 Custom ROM’s for Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360:
Meego Theme ROM
One of the top and best ROM for Samsung Galaxy Y is Meego ROM. This ROM is perfect for people who are fans of Nokia N8 Meego interface. This has a great look and also fluid performance. Fully Deodexed and zip aligned. Know More here.
Cyanogen Mod 7 ROM:
Cyanogen Mod is one of the famous custom ROM’s for all Android devices. It is not officially released for any device, but the developers did it for Samsung Galaxy Y. To know further see the link provided below.
BeautySense v1.0 ROM:
This ROM is stable, fast and rock solid. It is Deodexed, Zipalign and Rooted. It also has Bash Shell support, BusyBox run-parts support and much more. To know more in its context, follow the link attached herein.
Creeds ROM v2.5:
Creeds ROM is a famous ROM developed by pratyush.creed. This ROM’s 14 bar notifications is very attractive, easy to use and is unique. To fulfill all you desire and know more see the link below.
Fusion v2.0 ROM:
This ROM is stable, fast and Rock solid. It comes with Stock-like Kernel with init.d support. It is also Compatible with Merruk’s Kernels. It has New gallery app, ICS keyboard and New file browser etc. follow the link below to know more.
This ROM is based on dxlb1 and is deodexed, zipaligned, based icon from ICS circle nexus. It has new statbar UI, lidroid toogle, supports swap and much more. To know deeply see the link below.
This ROM expands the battery life and it has cyan themed UI. For the zip file and other valuable information follow the link provided below to satisfy your knowledge.
Repencis ROM V3:
Repencis ROM features include: Deodexed all.apk, A2SD darktermor (pro edition) with variety of other features. It is also connected with the latest Busybox smylink, DXLC1 customized system firmware. To know more visit the link below.
Infected ROM Blazed v2.5.2:
This ROM has been developed by eaglerazor123. Actually this developer does not own this ROM but made it with the help of experienced developers and also tested it. To know more in this aspect visit the link below.
Hybrid ROM V4.0:
This ROM is available in two variants: standard and lite version. It is ICS themed and built with DDLC3 firmware. To know better and more in this context visit the link below.
Lot of people are asking about the Jelly Bean custom ROM for Galaxy Y. I am sure that there is no JB or ICS working ROM available that is stable.
Warning: We are not responsible for any damages caused to your phone in the process of following this article. Share with us if you face any issue we will try to resolve them as early as possible.