TWRP is a well known touch based custom recovery system for Android device. Although, it is available for some specific special devices, like Kindle Fire, Nexus S etc. Team Win has induced their latest update 2.0 version. TWRP has replaced the Volume rocker scrolling with a large locking button.
What’s new with TWRP 2.1: latest functionality additions?
- Now, you can install align batch zip file install. Like you need to flash a kernel, a ROM and Google apps zip files, Just batch them and they will install one by one.
- Dual storage capable: manage backup, restore and install from internal or external storage.
- Slider Control- Swipe selection control for confirmation of major tasks like Wipe cache and install ROM.
- LockScreen will protect your recovery session and accidental button touch press.
- File manager Basic to copy, move, and delete change authorization access chmod.
- Now, supports ICS and Honeycomb devices as well.
- Now, TWRP will work on Acer Iconia Tab A500, HTC Vivid, Motorola Defy, Galaxy Nexus GSM, Galaxy Nexus CDMA/LTE.
What are the improvements?
- Display Sizes of each of partition in Backup for better storage management.
- Added listbox GUI element (currently used for listing time zones).
- XML layout has been updated for consistent performance and easier port.
- Fixed bugs like blkid detection mode, wrong text during zip installs, invalid zip would cause TWRP to get stuck.
- Tablets will have different GUI optimized for big screens.
Well there is lot more hype about the latest update. We will bring up a detailed review of the new TWRP and its working. We would also update about device installation.
You can see the detailed review and installation update on RootzWiki TWRP thread .