AT&T Galaxy SII SGH-I777 users who are waiting for Jelly Bean update will need to for wait few more months for the Official update. Right now, AT&T or Samsung has not revealed any ETA about the Jelly Bean update for Galaxy devices. We are here to tell you about the best Jelly Bean custom ROM you can install on your device if you have rooted your Galaxy SII. You just need to have CWM recovery installed and then you can install the Super Nexus ROM which provides the original AOSP Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Vanilla user experience. The ROM is build for Speed and performance. It does not have any bloatwares or third party software. Developers have Deodexed, zipaligned and tweaked the ROM. There are few other settings that enhances UI rendering, caching, Gaming, boot time etc. We have recently reviewed Super Nexus ROM for Galaxy SIII and this is the best Jelly Bean ROM available for AT&T Galaxy SII.
Super Nexus ROM will provide you pure stock Jelly Bean experience as you can find in Google’s Nexus device. All these have been made possible by XDA recognized developer member Faryaab, so all the credits goes to him. Super Nexus ROM will provide you Jelly Bean features like: fast and smooth interface, advanced voice recognition assisted Google Search, improved and actionable notifications, smarter keyboard, Google Now information cards for automatic and useful info like: weather, traffic and much more.
Before proceeding keep in mind that this is an unofficial custom ROM therefore bugs are expected to be there.
Warning: Neither we nor the developer should be held liable for damages caused to your phone in the process of following the methods and steps mentioned in this article.
- This article is only meant for the users who own AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 I777.
- Make sure you have ClockworkMod recovery or any other custom recovery installed on your phone before proceeding with this article.
- Ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You need to backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download the Latest Version of the ROM and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Place all the downloaded files to the root directory of your phones SD card.
Procedure to install Super Nexus ROM based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2
Step1: Reboot your phone so as to enter it in Recovery Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume up + Volume down + Power buttons together until the screen turns on.
Step2: You can perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can revert the same whenever you want. To do so, navigate to “Backup and Restore” and on the next screen select “Backup” again.
Step3: Now, from the main recovery menu, select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and than select the ROM file you’ve placed on the SD card.
Step4: When the installation of the ROM file has completed, flash the Google Apps Package in the same manner as you have flashed the ROM.
Step5: After the installation has completed, select “++++Go Back++++” then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone and land into Super Nexus ROM.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Super Nexus Rom on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2. Share you thoughts about this ROM with us also let us know if you face any problem, we are to help you in all possible ways.