T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant users who are waiting for Jelly Bean custom ROM can now enjoy Jelly Bean. Thanks to xda recognized contributor and developer of Slim ROM “karvind”. Slim ROM Jelly Bean are compiled from AOSP Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM. You will be getting latest Jelly Bean apps and user interface. You will get a Advanced Slim settings apps to have better control on the ROM and interface. This ROM is equipped withi OTA kitchen and you will be getting latest update over the Air. Slim ROM are build for minimal installation and thus performs best on any device. Slim Bean is also available for other phones like Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus and AT&T Samsung Captivate. Follow the detailed tutorial below to install the ROM on Samsung Vibrant I897.
- As we all know that the process we are discussing here is going to wipe all files, apps, settings and data (except SD cards) from your device so you need to create a backup file for data such as Contacts, Bookmarks, SMS, Call Logs, Music, Images, Videos, Wi-Fi, MMS and APN Settings from your Samsung device.
- Minimum 70% of battery must be charged on your device to avoid the circumstances of turning off of your device during the installation of ROM.
- It’s the necessity of the process to disable the antivirus and firewall from your device and from your Computer respectively to minimise the interruption can cause during the process.
- Navigate to the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ just to enable the USB Debugging option on your Samsung Vibrant.
- Most importantly, you need to have a rooted Samsung Vibrant device with latest ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
(File Name: T959.zip)
How to Install Slim Bean Rom on Samsung Vibrant:
Step 1. Before applying this update package to your Samsung device, you are needed to remove the SIM card lock, may be if you have set it earlier. To do this, you need to visit Settings > Location and Settings > Sim card lock > clickbox must not be selected.
Step 2. Then, connect your Samsung device with the Computer via USB data cable and place the downloaded zip files to the root of the SD card.
Step 3. Then switch off your Vibrant completely and reboot into ClockworkMod recovery just by pressing and holding the Volume Up and Volume Down button simultaneously and while pressing them you need to press power button. When the recovery screen appears on the display then leaves the buttons and soon you will be completely into the CWM recovery.
Step 4. Then you need to select the options for wiping the entire data from your Vibrant just by selecting ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache Partition’ option.
Step 5. Once again from recovery main menu, select ‘install zip from SD card’ and again select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ to browse into the SD card by scrolling down to the T959.zip file on the SD card and select the same. Confirm your installation by selecting ‘Yes – install____.zip’ on next screen. On tapping it, the ROM will start the installation within the second.
Step 6. During the installation, your phone might get reboot and continue installing the ROM by its own. If it doesn’t then you need to repeat from step 5.
Step 7. When the installation of ROM completes then, repeat the Step 5 with the replacement of ‘T959.zip’ with ‘Common_2.x.zip’ file to install the common file package.
Step 8. Return to main menu by selecting ‘‘+++Go Back+++’ and then select ‘reboot system now ’to restart your Samsung Vibrant device.
SlimBean is also available for devices like Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S and Galaxy S variants like Galaxy S2, Vibrant and Captivate. We will be continuously updating you about the latest changes and updates about the SlimBean ROM.