Galaxy Ace users are waiting for Android ICS update but Samsung has already expressed that some Galaxy devices like Ace will not be getting ICS. Now, Galaxy Ace users who have rooted their device and installed CWM recovery can install the latest CM9 based ICS firmware. XDA developer has got a new ROM updated ROM for Samsung Galaxy Ace. It has the new TouchWiz and elements of new Samsung’s new Flagship device Samsung Galaxy SIII. Basically you can consider this ROM as SIII Clone running on Galaxy Ace. Almost, all extra features has been inherited including apps, wallpaper, ringtones. SIII ROM for Galaxy Ace is based on Maclaws CM9 (Android 4.0.1 ICS).
Developers are still working and they are trying to resolve the issue very soon. The latest Android 4.0 ICS is running fine on Galaxy Ace but there are few glitches and hangs that will be resolved very soon. Other interested developers are joining the team and they have made camera work but it is not showing preview.
- Galaxy SIII UI TouchWiz 5 launcher
- Galaxy SIII Boot animation, UI, Ringtone
- extra apps
- Resizable Widgets
- Android 4.0.1 ICS
update: SIII ROM for Galaxy Ace has been updated. The Camera is working now but does not show a preview so still hard to click images. It seems that third party camera apps can work. Also the Youtube is working but having issues when HQ videos are catered.
How to Install SIII clone ICS ROM on Galaxy Ace:
1. Download SIII ICS ROM on PC from Medifire. Copy the zip file to root of your phone’s SD card card. Do not extract the zip file.
2. Boot into CWM recovery Mode, select “Wipe Data/factory reset”. Select “install zip from SD card” and then “select zip from SD card”. Select the zip file.
3. Wait for procedure to complete. Once done select “++Go Back++” and then “Reboot the system”.
4. Phone will reboot and you will get the new screen.