Galaxy S-I9000 must be searching for Jelly Bean for their Phone. If you are searching for Official Jelly Bean then let me tell you that either Samsung will not be updating Galaxy S to Jelly Bean or the update will be released too latest. RIght now, xda developer is getting filled with Jelly Bean ROMs for Galaxy S I9000 which are either custom build or ported from Nexus S Jelly Bean firmware. Here, we suggest a Stable CM10 Jelly Bean based custom ROM – C-ROM for Galaxy S. Build from latest CyanogenMod AOKP source, is very stable and has fluid interface. Developers have fixed most of the issue and added scripts that will handle battery, processor and RAM resources so that you get maximum performance. You will get Galaxy S3 Icons and customized boot animation. The User Interface is butter smooth, check out the screenshots below:
Warning: This article is meant for instructional and educational purpose only. Therefore, neither we nor the developer should be held liable for any damages caused to your phone in the process of following this article.
- The methods and steps mentioned in this article should only be tried on Samsung Galaxy S.
- Ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You need to backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your International Samsung Galaxy S from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Procedure to Update: Install Jelly Bean C-RoM on Galaxy S-I9000:
Step1: Switch off your phone and reboot it to enter to enter into ClockworkMod recovery. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up + Home buttons together until the screen turns on.
Step2: Now, from the recovery menu, select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “Yes” on the next screen to confirm your action.
Step3: Next, select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and then choose the ROM file you’ve placed on the SD card.
Step4: After the installation of ROM has completed, once again select “choose zip from sdcard” and then select the Google apps package file you’ve placed on the SD card.
Step5: After the installation of the Google Apps package has completed, go back to the main recovery menu. Then, select “advanced” and then select “Fix permissions”. Then, go back to the main recovery menu and select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone and boot into newly installed C-ROM.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed C-ROM, based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S. Share your thoughts with us or let us know if you face any issue, we are always here to help you in all possible ways.