Are you searching for an easy way to root Toshiba Thrive AT100 Android Tablet. If you have updated to the latest Android 3.2.1 HoneyComb OTA update then there will not be any fastboot but Toshiba has already released a roll back for their customers. So guys who have fastboot on Thrive Tabs can easily root the device using fastboot mode. We have created a detailed Tutorial to help you with the procedure.
Disclaimer: This instructional guide is only meant for educational purpose. So, proceed ahead with your own risk. Neither Tips4Droid nor the developer is responsible for your damage under any circumstances. Follow all the instructions carefully before proceeding.
- You need to have Toshiba Thrive AT100 with Android 3.2.1 Honeycomb.
- Take the complete backup of your Toshiba device. Here is a list of data you must take the backup of are as SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Access Point Names (APN) Settings & MMS Settings, Bookmarks, Images, Music and Videos.
- Battery requirement for the completion of this process is around 60% to avoid interruption because of power issue.
- You must disable anti-virus or firewall installed in your Computer and uninstalled the same from your Toshiba Thrive because you can face interruption during the installation process.
- Turn on your USB Debugging as it is important. It can be done by following the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’. Then, check on ‘USB debugging’ option.
How to root the Toshiba Thrive AT100
Step 1. First of all you need to extract the Universal easy root tool.zip file to your Computer.
Step 2. Go to the extracted folder and open usb adb drivers.
Step 3. Then, right-click on USB_ADB_Drivers_Eng_Multi_x86_x64.exe file and from the popup menu, choose Run as Administrator. On selecting it, usb adb drivers will be install in your Computer.
Step 4. Then, you need to connect your Toshiba Thrive AT100 to your computer via USB data cable.
Step 5. Launch Universal_Easy_Flash_Tool.bat file and command prompt will appear with some valuable information on desktop screen.
Step 6. There you will be provided with few options such as – weather you want to root, unroot or flash custom recovery. In this case, you need to select option 1 saying ‘Root your device’. Type 1 and press Enter.
Step 7. Then, locate your ROM and follow the instructions on your screen to start the rooting process.
Step 8. Few things you need to do on your Toshiba Thrive.
- On your Tablet, tap on Apps and select Superuser. Here, you will see version information about Superuser app.
- Close the dialog box and you will see log information.
- Then, tap on ‘wrench’ icon and scroll down to find ‘Su binary [version number]’ to tap it. The updater screen opens to show the message ‘Current version already installed. No action required’.
- Now, tap on ‘Update Anyway’ button.
Your Toshiba Thrive AT100 is rooted now and has Superuser 3.0.7, BusyBox 1.19.3 & Superuser 3.0.7, BusyBox 1.19.3, and ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124. You have now access to flash custom kernels / ROM on your Toshiba Thrive.