Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is another Epic creation by Samsung. Competing with Asus Transformer Infinity directly Note 10.1 features a Exynos Quad core processor with latest Mali-400MP GPU. You will be getting a 10.1 inch high resolution display with 3G connectivity. What more you are expecting from a Tablet, wait the S-Pen is another revolutionary package bundled with Galaxy Note 10.1. As soon the official Firmware leak was available developer are trying to root Galaxy Note 10.1. Developer from XDA developer forum have leaked a process to root the Galaxy Note 10.1. This is an easy process where you need to flash rooted firmware using Odin. This is a safe and easy process already tested by users and developers. We have created a detailed Tutorial that will guide you through the process of rooting Galaxy Note 10.1.
Pre – Requisite:
- Before you can actual start the rooting procedure, you need to be clear one thing that all your apps, data and settings are going to be wiped up during the process but it is not going to touch your SD Card, so just go ahead and backup your SMS, Call Logs, Contacts, Pictures, Music, Videos, Bookmarks, APN (Access Point Names) settings, MMS settings etc.
- Minimum 80% of charged battery is required to complete the process or else this will cause power issue during the process.
- Uninstall the Samsung’s PC software Kies, if one installed in your Galaxy Note just to make sure that it will not interrupt during the flashing.
- Enable the USB Debugging option. The path you need to follow to enable this option is ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’. Then, tick the USB Debugging.
- Required Downloads:
- Check for the proper drivers on your Samsung device. If not, follow the link below to get it for you device.
- Download the Odin3 version 1.85 from here.
- Download the rooted firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 depends on region – XXALGA (Rooted European Firmware) or XWALG7 (Rooted Saudi Arabia/ UAE firmware).
How to root Galaxy Note 10.1:
Step 1. First of all you need to extract the downloaded package to your computer and then open the .tar file. You will be needing .tar file to flash it with Odin.
Step 2. Then, you need to extract the zip file for Odin and run the same when you will ask for doing it.
Step 3. Now, you must switch off your Galaxy Note and boot into the download mode just by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons for few seconds till it enter into the download mode.
Step 4. Soon a warning message will appears on your screen saying something like this – installing any custom OS will harm your device and may also void the warranty. So, press the Volume Up button to enter into download mode.
Step 5. Now, you need to connect your Galaxy Note to the Computer via USB data cable. Make sure that you have installed the driver for your Note on the Computer.
Step 6. Extract the downloaded Odin zip file and launch it. When Odin will detect your device then ID:COM will turns yellow.
Step 7. Please do not make any changes in Odin other than this. Also, double check it before proceeding. Remember to check the Auto Reboot.
Step 8. In Odin, click on PDA button and then select .tar file, which you have got after the extraction of downloaded ROM.
Step 9. Then, press the Start button to flash the Rooting package on your Samsung Galaxy Note. The process may take few minutes to complete to wait until it finish.
Step 10. When it’s done, you will see ‘PASS’ message over green coloured background and the device will reboot automatically. Now, your Galaxy Note 10.1 is finally rooted.