Samsung Galaxy S4 is one of the latest handset from the company. It features a 5 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen and is powered by Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 processor running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
In this post we will root AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 on UCUAMF3 Firmware and install CWM and TWRP Recovery. Rooting an Android phone gives you full access to the device so that remove the bloat apps that feed on more RAM and the memory of your device while installing a custom recovery enables you to install a custom ROM in your device for faster performance. And also after rooting you can install custom rom and various type of system apps which need root access.
Before you proceed, please download the essentials given below
How to Root AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 on UCUAMF3 Firmware
1. Install the Terminal Emulator app in the internal memory of your device
2. Take out the memory card from the device and format it n exFAT format by inserting it to your computer with the help of a card reader.
3. When the formatting is completed, extract the rooting package zip file to the memory card.
4. Now remove the card from the computer and insert it in your phone.
5. Open the Terminal Emulator app and type the following lines:
6. On typing the above command, the “script.sh” file will be issued and the all necessary apps like busybox and SuperSU will be installed in your device.
When all the process is successfully complete, your AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 will be rooted and you will get full access in your device. You can find the SuperSU app in the app drawer of the device. If you want to verify the successful root of the device, download and install Root Checker from Google PlayStore.
How to Install CWM Recovery on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337
- CWM Flashable – OUDHS CWM-based Recovery 220.127.116.11 (need to already have a recovery for this)
- Loki flashable – OUDHS CWM-based Recovery 18.104.22.168
- Loki Flashing Utility
Step 1. Use a root file manager to remove /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
Step 2. Now extract the zip file in your device.
Step 3. Use the following adb shell/terminal commands:
adb push recovery.lok /data/local/tmp/adb push loki_flash /data/local/tmp/adb shellsuchmod 755 /data/local/tmp/loki_flash/data/local/tmp/loki_flash recovery /data/local/tmp/recovery.lok
After this the CWM Recovery has been successfully installed in your device. You can use Nandroid Manager to edit or alter the nandroids made by this recovery. Nandroid Manager is available in Google PlayStore.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 using Goo Manager
1. Install the Goo Manager app on your device and open it. Tap on Menu button and select “Install OpenRecoveryScript” and confirm by tapping on “Yes”.
2. In the next screen a prompt will be given that the openrecovery file matches to your device or not. On your AT&T S4 if its “jflteatt” then tap on Yes to confirm.
3. Now the flashing process of TWRP Recovery will initiate. Wait for a few minutes to complete the process.
4. When the process is successfully completed, a confirmation message will be displayed- “Recovery has been installed.
5. Now select “Reboot recovery” to reboot into TWRP recovery.
Now the TWRP Recovery has been successfully installed on your rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T.