Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 has been a nice Tablet from Samsung but we can’t call it revolutionary. We are eagerly waiting for release of Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 that will be a better stripped down and S-Pen enabled version. By the time root and CWM package for Galaxy Tab 2 has been made by xda dev forum members. We have created a detailed tutorial to root and install CWM recovery on Galaxy Tab 2 P5113, P3110 and P5110 versions. Procedure is same for all the device but rooting package is different.
Disclaimer: This process is just for your education purpose and we have nothing to do with it. Although this process is only tested on Galaxy Tab. So, don’t try it on some other device. Neither we nor developer should held responsible for any damage.
- In this process, you need to have a Samsung Galaxy Tab, a Windows based Computer and a USB data cable.
- Take the complete backup of your Tablet before starting the process. So, here we the list of few apps and data, which you must take backup of – SMS, call logs, contacts, images, audios, videos, Bookmarks, APN (Access Point Names) settings, MMS settings and more if you have something important other than this then take the backup of it too.
- Minimum battery requirement for this process is 60%. So, put your device in charge this you find your device get charged to 60% or more. This is necessary if you don’t want any power problem such as device turns off during the process.
- You must also disable the anti-virus or firewall if installed in your Computer and Galaxy device. As this can cause interruption during the process.
- Also, enable the USB Debugging on your Galaxy. The path which you need to enable is ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’. Then, check the USB Debugging.
According to your device model – Root Package for
Odin 1.85 (File Name: Odin3-v1.85_3.zip File Size: 198.90 KB)
ClockworkMod Recovery (File Nam: recovery.tar.md5 File Size: 5.3 MB)
How to Root and Install CWM recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2:
Step 1. First of all, you need to place the zip file for P5113/P3110 or P5110 to the root of the SD card or internal memory of your Galaxy device.
Step 2. Then, you need to extract the Odin3-v1.85_3.zip to your Computer and double click the .exe file from the resultant folder.
Step 3. Turn off your device.
Step 4. Then, you need to reboot the device into download mode by pressing and holding Power button and Volume Up button till you find a triangle kind of thing appears on your screen. Once you get there, press the Volume Down button to enter into Download mode.
Step 5. When you get into the download mode, plug your device into Computer via USB data cable. Odin will detect the presence of your device and inform you by turning the yellow colour on in ID: COM section along with this it says ‘Added!’ In a message.
Step 6. Now, click on PDA button and look for the recovery.tar.md5 file to select it.
Step 7. Click on Start button to start flashing. Once it is done, your device will automatically reboot and you will find message sayings PASS. If not, then unplug the device from Computer, press the close button on Odin and lastly, remove your device battery and replace it again to reboot the device into download mode. Repeat the process from step 4.
Step 8. Once the tablet boot after completing the installation process, disconnect it form Computer and turn it off.
Step 9. Once again, you need to reboot your device into recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down button and Power button till you see the Samsung logo appears on the device screen. Press the Volume Down button to navigate and Power button for selection.
Step 10. Then, select ‘Install zip from SD card > Choose zip from SD card’ to select the downloaded zip file, which you have transferred in above step.
Step 11. After the completion of installation process, select ‘+++Go Back+++’ to choose ‘Reboot System Now’.