Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 is a old device with 1Ghz cortex A8 processor and Samsung is not releasing any Jelly Bean update. Right now, a XDA dev forum member “chinmay_7d” has created a custom ROM based on Galaxy SIII look and Samsung UX user interface. The ROM is stable and working great as reported by some users. RemICS ROM houses all Galaxy SIII features like UI, UX launcher, wallpaper, UI sounds, ring tones, icons, alarms, S-voice, Phone dialer etc. The developer is creating another ROM “RemICS-JB” that will have the Jelly Bean is based on CM10 Android 4.1.1 but has lots of bugs. Right now, RemICS is the best ROM available for Galaxy SL i9003 users. Check out the detailed installation process below:
- Backup is needed to prevent your precious data, apps and settings such as contacts, SMS, APN settings, MMS settings, Wi-Fi passwords, images, videos, music etc on your device from wiping up.
- Need to charge your device battery to at least 80% before engaging in update process. If your device will turn off in between then it will be very difficult to switch it on again.
- You need to enable the USB Debugging option on your Galaxy SL device simply by following the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ and tick the USB Debugging option box.
- Disable the security suites such as firewall and antivirus on your computer and device so that it won’t interrupt the process.
- You need to have a rooted Galaxy SL with ClockworkMod recovery installed on it.
How to Install RemICS v1.6on Samsung Galaxy SL i9003:
Step 1. Once you have downloaded the zip file from above mentioned link then you need to place it to the root of the sd card.
Step 2. After that turn off your device and then boot into recovery mode. For doing it you need to press and hold the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously till the screen turns on then release the Power button only. When recovery screen appears you can release the Volume button.
Step 3. Perform a Nandroid backup of your current ROM. It is necessary to restore it back from recovery if you don’t like this ROM. You can perform this backup process by selecting Backup & Restore > Backup.
Step 4. In the recovery mode, you need to select ‘install zip from sd card’ and then select ‘choose zip from sd card’ to browse into the sd card and select the zip file for RemICS to flash it on your Galaxy SL.
Step 5. Once you have completed flashing the zip file, your device will reboot automatically (if not then you can do it manually by selecting Reboot System Now option to restart your Galaxy SL).