The Android 4.4 Kit Kat operating system after its launch has attracted many people and this can be easily known by the sales figure of new kitkat running smart devices. There are lots of new and amazing features in this version which can easily keep its user engaged and amazed. The Android 4.4 Kit Kat operating system also comes with support for screen recording which is one of the best features among all. But however it is seen that most of the people don’t know the way to use it. So, read this tutorial and you will successfully learn how to record video of your screen using Windows’ Command Prompt.
One should know that there is no official application capable of doing the screen recording part, which is why we will need to use some other type of method but don’t worry and read the entire post and you should be able to learn easily how to do it. However there is an app called Rec. (Screen Recorder) from Google Play Store but it requires root access. But if you don’t want to use it or cannot, then follow the procedure below.
- Install the Android SDK package.
– install the Android SDK in your computer’s system partition.
- Also Download ADB Drivers for your PC.
- Do not blame us in case something goes wrong and you brick the phone or lose any data.
- Make sure that your device has enough power left before it switches off completely.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Smartphone from Developer Options.
– if Developer Options is not enabled, then go to About device and press 7 times on the Build Number section.
– You will be told that you are a developer now and you should enable USB Debugging.
- Use the USB cable and connect your phone to Smartphone: open the Notification panel and then tap on USB Storage. Set the USB Storage option to Camera instead of MTP. Android will then request your approval to authorize the PC, tick Always allow from this computer and confirm the process.
How to Record the Screen on your Android 4.4 Device
Step 1- Launch the Command Prompt tool on your computer. Do it by opening the Start Menu and typing ‘cmd’ in the search box.
Step 2 – Guide the Command Prompt to “tools-platform” folder, it can be found in the “C:/Android SDK/adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030/sdk/platform-tools/”.
Step 3 – Use the USB cable to connect your Android 4.4.2 phone to computer.
Step 4 – Type in ‘adb devices’ for the device to confirm that it has been connected to your PC.
Step 5 – Next, you need to type in the following command line for the record to start:
- db shell screenrecord /sdcard/INSERT-FILE-NAME.mp4
Step 6 – Press Enter key and the screen recording will start. Stop the recording by pressing CTRL + C.
Step 7 – After the recording process is complete you will need to learn how to download the file to your PC. For this, use the following command line and the file will be saved to your C drive.
- adb pull /sdcard/RECORDED-FILE-NAME.mp4
Step 8 – Wait for the file to be saved and then you can close command prompt when done.
This is all what you will have to do if you want to enjoy this awesome feature.