CyanogenMod are best AOKP based ROM for Android devices. Now, there is a official CM9 available for Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G. The ROM is fast and lagfree. we will tell you how you can install it on your Galaxy Tab. The new ROM has added features based on Android 4.0.4 ICS. Seems like all things are working but there is a issue with Camera that will be resolved very soon.
How to Install CWM recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G
- In case if you have Kies installed on your device that means you already have all necessary drivers. Download the drivers only when it is necessary.
- Download the recovery file needed to flash the ROM.
- Also, download Odin, which will be required to flash the recovery.
Download Odin 1.85 (File Name: Odin 1.85.zip File Size: 199 KB)
- After downloading every file, you need to extract the zip file of Odin to a folder.
- Remember don’t connect your device to your Computer until you are asked for.
- Reboot your device to enter into Download Mode with the help of few button combinations. You need to press and hold Volume Down button and Power button simultaneously till you find download mode screen on your device. Leave both the buttons and press the Volume Up button to continue the download mode.
- Now, get into the extracted Odin folder and double – click the Odin3 v1.85.exe file.
- It’s time to connect your device to your Computer. Then, you will get the message – ‘Added!’ If you don’t get the message that means there is a problem with your drivers. So, check for your installed driver, whether it is installed properly or not.
- In Odin, click on PDA button and select the file recovery.tar.md5, which you have downloaded earlier in 2nd step.
- It’s a request not to make any kind of changes to the Odin except selecting the file in PDA as mentioned in above step.
- Now, click the START button to start the flashing the recovery. Wait until the flash is completed and your tablet will reboot automatically. When you find the Samsung logo appears on the screen, disconnect your cable.
Note: In any step, if you feel like your Odin gets stuck and doesn’t respond at all or get a Failure message with RED background then close ODIN, disconnect your tablet, remove your battery, insert it again back in the slot, turn on your Galaxy tab in Download mode and repeat the process again from 7th step.
- Once you have installed the recovery in your tab, proceed to the next part which is – Installing the ROM on your Tab.
How to install CM9 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G
- Backup of all the application and data is must as this process will wipe all your data, apps and settings. Don’t worry your SD card will be safe. Items we must take backup of are SMS, contacts, call logs, bookmarks, APN (internet settings), images, videos and music etc.
- We are providing you the link of official development page from where you can download the Cyanogenmod (CM9) Nightlies ROM under Latest nightlies. When you get into the new page, select the latest version to download. Also, download the Google Apps package.
- Place both the downloaded zip file to the root of the SD card.
- Then, turn off your device and reboot it into ClockworkMod recovery by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button till you see the recovery screen on your device. Here press the Volume Down button to get into CWM recovery. In recovery, use the volume buttons to scroll and power button to select the option.
- Now, you must select the ‘Backup and Restore’ to create the Nandroid backup of your previous ROM by choosing backup from the list and your ClockworkMode will zip and store a copy of your current ROM to the SD card or Internal memory.
- Then, select the ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition ’ to wipe all your cache data, select Yes to confirm. Once again, select ‘Dalvick cache’ under Advance option.
- Coming back to recovery mode, choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. After that select the zip file from SD card to flash the ROM in your device. Confirm your selection by saying Yes – Install <file name>.zip on the screen.
- Then, choose ‘+++Go Back+++’ to return in the main menu and select ‘Install zip from sd card > Choose zip from sd card’ to flash the Google Apps package. Again, confirm it by selecting ‘Yes’.
- After the completion of installation process, select ‘+++Go Back+++’ to return in the main menu and select ‘reboot system now’ to reboot your tablet and boot into CM9. Congratulation! You can now enjoy the Official Cyanogenmod (CM9) Nightly on Galaxy Tab.