Slim ROM are made to work fast and give better battery life. HTC One X the quad core android Smartphone flagship phone from HTC has got the latest Slip ROM update based on latest AOSP built and some features from CyanogenMod and AOKP. This ROM is build for people who do not tolerate bloatware and the base is just 44MB. You will love to install Essentials that is around 20MB so whole RAM is packaged around 70 MB. You will get the settings for AOKP and advanced slim settings. But Wi-Fi tethering and Bluetooth streaming are not working and will be fixed soon.
Disclaimer: This instructional guide is only meant for only educational purpose. So, please proceed ahead with your own risk. Neither Tips4Droid nor the developer is responsible for your damage under any circumstances. Follow all the instructions carefully before proceeding.
- As this process is going to wipe all your data, settings and apps, so you must take the complete backup of your HTC phone, which includes SMS, call logs, contacts, images, audios, videos, Bookmarks, APN (Access Point Names) settings and MMS settings. With backup file you can restore your data back after updating.
- You need to unlock the bootloader on your HTC One X.
- Also, you need to install ClockworkMod recovery on your HTC One X.
- Charge your HTC battery to 60% or more to avoid any power issue during the process.
- Ensure that Anti-virus / firewall is disabled and uninstalled from your Computer and One X devices respectively. As this causing interruption during the updating process.
- Also, ensure that you have checked USB Debugging option. Follow the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging’ on your HTC device.
- Then, you need to download and install HTC Sync software on your Windows based Computer. Download HTC Sync software.
- Get the latest version of ROM for your HTC One X from the Official download page. Download these files below –
Base_HTC_4.0.zip, 4.0_EndeavorU_Essentials.zip and Slim_Gapps.zip
How to install Slim ROM on your HTC One X
Step 1. After downloading all the 3 zip files, you need to place them in the SD card.
Step 2. Once again, you need to download Flash_Boot.zip file to your Computer. which you will be needed to flash the necessary kernel on your HTC One X.
Step 3. Next, you have to extract the Flash_Boot.zip file to your Computer.
Step 4. Then, open 4.0_EndeavorU_Essentials.zip file with WinZip and extract the boot.img file from it and place the extracted file to the folder contain Flash_Boot.img file.
Step 5. Now you need to turn off your HTC One X and reboot into bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume Down button and Power button together.
Step 6. Then, highlight Fastboot using Volume button to navigate and select the same using power button. Connect your HTC to the Computer.
Step 7. Then, Go to the extracted folder in step 8. Double-click the flash-boot-windows.bat to launch the required kernel.
Step 8. After flashing the kernel, the window that appears will close automatically or displays a message ‘Okay / finished’ and remain open.
Step 9. Then, you need to press Power button to select Bootloader and then Recovery option to boot into ClockworkMod recovery.
Step 10. Up next, you need to perform a wiping process. For which you need to select ‘wipe data/factory reset’, confirm you selection by say ‘Yes’. This will detete all your installed apps and settings. Then, select ‘mounts and storage > format system’. Return to the main recovery menu.
Step 11. Then, you need to choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Scroll to the Base_HTC_4.0.zip file from the SD card to select it. Say ‘Yes’ to confirm your selection.
Step 12. After the installation of ROM, you need to select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ and then select 4.0_EndeavorU_Essentials.zip and Slim_Gapps.zip file one after one.
Step 13. When the installation gets completed, then select ‘+++Go Back+++’ > ‘reboot system now’ option to reboot your HTC One X with latest Slim ROM.