Sony Xperia devices are now all over the market and more variants are coming up. Sony is try to capture its own chunk of large Android Smartphone market that is headed by HTC and Samsung. Right now, we are here to discuss a revolutionary way of installing custom ROM on Xperia Device. If you have unlocked the bootloader and rooted your Xperia Phone then you can install Custom recovery/ clockWorkmod recovery very easily using the RecoverX automated one click recovery installer. This provides a safe and easy way to install CWM recovery on devices running Android Icecream sandwich or Gingerbread. We have detailed the procedure to use RecoverX to install recovery on Xperia phones.
RecoverX supports following devices –
- Xperia Sola (beta) (unlocked bootloader)
- Xperia P (beta) (unlocked bootloader)
- Xperia U (beta) (unlocked bootloader)
- Xperia S (beta)
- Xperia X10 Mini Pro
- Xperia X10 Mini
- Xperia X8
- Xperia Ray
- Xperia Pro
- Xperia Play
- Xperia Neo V
- Xperia Neo
- Xperia Arc S
- Xperia Arc
- Xperia Mini Pro
- Xperia Mini
- Xperia Live with Walkman
- Xperia Active
- You need to take the backup of data before starting the flashing process if anything goes wrong then backup file will help you later to restore your data. We propose the list to support you in backup your apps and data – MMS settings , APN (Access Point Names) settings, Call Logs, Contacts, SMS, MMS, Images, Audios, Videos, Bookmarks, etc.
- You may also need to disable the anti-virus or firewall from your Xperia device and Computer before flashing the ClockworkMod Recovery, as they may cause interruption during the process.
- Minimum 60% of battery life is required to complete the process successfully.
- Also, you need to enable the USB Debugging option on your Xperia device. For that you need to follow the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’. Then, check the USB Debugging option.
How to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Xperia device via RecoverX
Step 1. Before starting the installation process your need to unlock your SONY Xperia device first. For that you need to note down the IMEI number of your Xperia device and submit the same along with your email ID. The detail process is discussed here.
Step 2. Then, download the RecoverX v1.4.5 package from here.
Step 3. Then, busybox must be installed on your Xperia and then 2.3 or 4.0 Stock ROM.
Step 4. As this tool support ICS Android 4.0, Gingerbread Android 2.3 and Eclair Android 2.1.
Step 5. You need to launch RecoverX and select your Xperia under ‘Choose your device’.
Step 6. After that you need to select among the two – CWM Recovery 184.108.40.206 (Android 4.0) and CWM Recovery 220.127.116.11 (Android 2.3) mentioned under ‘Choose the recovery to install’.
Step 7. Then, follow the instructions to update ClockworkMod Recovery by start the process with ‘Next’ button.