AT&T Galaxy Note users who are eager to get Jelly Bean Firmware update will need to wait for months for the Official firmware. Right now, If you want the Jelly Bean experience then Root your Galaxy Note SGH-I717 and install CWM recovery so that you can get ready to flash the Jelly Bean custom firmware available on the XDA forum. Thanks to XDA developer Recognized developer DAGr8 who has introduced Jelly Bean firmware custom build for AT&T Galaxy Note. This is a preview build of CM10 Kang Project based custom ROM that can have some bugs [Still no one has reported any issue]. The Only thing we know is that Video camera is not working. We have created a detailed Tutorial to download and install custom ROM on Galaxy Note SGH-I717.
- SMS, Call Logs, Contacts, Images, Audios, Videos, Bookmarks, Wi-Fi, APN settings and MMS settings etc must be backed up on your Galaxy Note. Don’t take it lightly as this process is going to wipe all your data and settings from device.
- Disable the antivirus and firewall from your computer and Galaxy Note respectively as this may cause interruption during the installing process. Security will not allow you to install the update to your device.
- Your device battery should be charged to at least 80% just to ensure that it won’t turn off during installation of ROM otherwise your device will face very critical problem, may be your device won’t respond ever.
- USB Debugging option should be enabled on your Note by following the path – ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’. Then, tick the USB Debugging option box.
- You need to have your AT&T Galaxy Note rooted with latest TWRP2.2.1 or CWM installed on it (here, we are using CWM recovery).
Latest ROM (aokp_JB_PREVIEW_quincyatt_Aug-09-12.zip)
Google Apps Package (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip | 83.10 MB)
How to Install Jelly Bean Based AOKP ROM on AT&T Galaxy Note I717:
Step 1. Assuming that you have completed above mentioned steps carefully under Pre-Requisite. Also, downloaded the ROM as well as Gapps package from the link provided. So, first you need to connect your Galaxy Note with Computer via USB data cable and place both the downloaded zip files to the root of your SD card.
Step 2. Then, turn off your Galaxy Note to enter into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode by holding and pressing Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously for few seconds till the screen appears on the display of your Note. Then, release the Power button but keep holding the volume button till you fully enter into CWM recovery Mode.
Step 3. Then, take Nandroid backup of your current ROM so that you can restore to your previous ROM any time. For performing backup process, visit Backup and Restore on next screen and then select backup again.
Step 4. Then, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache’ to wipe all cache files. From Advance menu option, select ‘wipe Dalvik cache’ to clear all the cache from your Galaxy Note.
Step 5. Then, you need to navigate to ‘install zip from SD card > choose zip from sdcard’. Then, browse to your device SD card and locate the zip file for ROM to flash it on your Note. Confirm your selection by saying ‘Yes’ on the next screen.
Step 6. Wait until the process gets completed which would take 9-10 minutes to accomplish.
Step 7. Once again, you need to select ‘install zip from SD card’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’ to select gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip file to flash Gapps on your Galaxy Note.
Step 8. Select ‘+++Go Back+++’ option and then ‘reboot system now’ from main menu to restart your AT&T Galaxy Note I717.