We have already told you how you can root HTC One X and install custom Recovery. This time we are here for those who have already rooted their HTC One X but not feeling great. We would suggest them installing one of the custom ROM available for One X and enjoy. If they are not still happy the go ahead and unroot your One X using the detailed guide below.
Warning: This article is meant for educational purpose. Please follow the methods discussed below at your own risk. Neither we nor the developer would be held liable for any damage caused to your phone.
- The methods discussed herein should only be applied on HTC One X.
- At least 70% charge should be there with your device, so that there is no Power interruption during the process.
- You should backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that you don’t lose any data during the process.
- Disable all security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your device, as these security suites generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging in your HTC One X from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download OneXUnroot.zip from here and Unzip the same. Also download ES File Explorer app from the Google Play Store and run the app on your phone.
How to Unroot HTC One X by flashing Stock recovery and firmware:
Step 1: First of all, go to Menu -> Settings and make sure “Root Explorer” and “Mount File System” are checked ON.
Step 2:Now, choose “Favorites” and then hit “/”.
Step 3:Next, browse to /system/bin/ and /system/xbin/ directories and erase any files named “su” if they exist.
Step 4:Now, in /system/app/ directory erase Superuser.apk.
Step 5: Reboot your phone into Bootloader Mode. To do so, press Volume Down + Power buttons together. Now, choose “FASTBOOT” and hit Power button and then connect your HTC One X to your PC via original USB cable.
Step 6: Now, open command prompt and type the following:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
./fastboot-mac flash recovery recovery.img
./fastboot-linux flash recovery recovery.img
Step 7: Do a factory reset in stock recovery to clear all your personal settings and apps.
Step 8:Now, press Volume Down + Power buttons together for 20 seconds.
Step 9:Choose “RECOVERY” and hit the Power button. You will notice that your HTC One X has been “RELOCKED”.
Step 10:Now, press Volume Up and Power buttons together until you see blue menus, which is the stock recovery.
Step 11:Here, choose “Wipe data/factory rest”.
Step 12:Now, choose “Yes” to proceed further. Reboot when the wiping has completed.
Congratulations, you have successfully unrooted your HTC One X. Share your joy with us or let us know if you face any problem, we will help you to resolve the same. If you have rooted your HTC One X, I would suggest trying CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean on your device. If you are looking for any stable and bug less ROM select Android revolution HD.