T-Mobile Galaxy SII users who are waiting for Jelly Bean update will need to wait few months. Right now, official 3rd Gen flagship device Galaxy S3 has not got any Official Jelly Bean firmware. If you have rooted your device and wish to experience Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 T989 then I would suggest installing the unofficial AOKP Jelly Bean . AOKP are kang project codes and preferred over AOSP. Even the CyanogenMod ROMs use the AOKP codes. The ROM is stable and you can flash it easily using CWM recovery.
- You can proceed with this process with this upgrading process; you need to have a rooted T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 device with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Then you need to backup your data, apps and settings on your Galaxy S3 i535 just to save them from wiping during the updating process. Here we have some data and settings such as APN settings, MMS settings, SMS, MMS, Bookmarks, Call Logs, Contacts, Wi-Fi passwords, Images, Videos, Songs, etc which you need to take backup off.
- You must enable the USB Debugging option on your Galaxy device by navigating to the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’.
- Every Security Suites such as firewall or antivirus must be disabled if installed on your Galaxy device or on the Computer just to avoid interruption during the installation process.
- Minimum 80% of battery life is necessary for the completion of the installation process or else the device will turn off during the installation process and cause problem in turning it on, which results in take it to the service center.
Update Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean to your Galaxy S2 T989:
Step 1. To start this installation process, first you need to place Jelly Bean unofficial ROM, Darkside Venom CM10 Kernel and Google Apps package to internal SD card of your Galaxy S2 device.
Step 2. Then you need to turn off your Galaxy S2 to boot into CWM Recovery just by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down+ Power buttons simultaneously until it get into the recovery mode.
Step 3. After entering into recovery main menu, create a NANDroid Backup of your current ROM. You can perform NANDroid Backup through Backup and Restore > Backup.
Step 4. Then you need to select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘Wipe Cache partition’. You need to confirm every action on the next screen.
Step 5. Select Mounts and Storage option and then select Format /system. Confirm the selection on the next screen.
Step 6. Once wiping process finishes. You need to select ‘Install zip from SD card’ and once again select ‘choose zip from SD card’. Browse into SD card and select Jelly Bean ROM’s zip file.
Step 7. After flashing the ROM you need to select GApps package for which you need to repeat the above installation process by selecting Google Apps package.
Step 8. Once again repeat the step 6 by replacing Darkside.Venom CM10 Kernel with other zip package.
Step 9. Get back to the main menu by selecting ‘Go Back’ and then select Reboot system now to restart your Galaxy S2 T989.