There are some Official Jelly Bean Firmware leaked for Galaxy SIII but they are not worth it. If you want the real Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Vanilla UI experience then you will need SuperNexus ROM for SGS3. The ROM is build for Speed and performance beside that it is most stable Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy SIII. Already, many users have tested it and there are some news about the minor bugs. There are some Wi-Fi Tethering and memory leaks issue that will be resolved very soon. Right now, you are getting a deodexed, zipaligned, bloatware removed ROM. This ROM features scrolling cache and hardware accereleration to make the user interface super butter smooth. The Boot is also improvised and decreased sincerely,. You will be extended power menu to reboot, recovery mode and download mode so no use of pressing those hazzy volume rocker and power button all the time. Check out the detailed installation procedure below:
- In this process you need to have a rooted Galaxy S3 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Then, you need to create the backup for your Galaxy S3 device to preserve the data present so that you can restore them after the completion of the process. Data to be backed up are SMS, Bookmarks, Call Logs, Images, Music, Videos, Contacts, APN (Access Point Names) settings and MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) settings etc.
- Minimum 70% of battery life is required to accomplish this flashing process without any interruption due to Power issue.
- You are suppose to visit to the location from where you can enable the USB Debugging and this can be done simply by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- You are required to disable the anti-virus or firewall installed on your Computer or Galaxy S 3 device. This is necessary because these antivirus or firewall will cause interruption during the process.
SuperNexus I9300 BUILD 2 [Downloads]
(File Name: SuperNexus-I9300-BUILD2-20120811.zip | 126.4 MB)
Google Apps [Downloads]
(File Name: gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip | 83.10 MB)
Install SuperNexus AOSP Jelly Bean 4.1.1 ROM on Galaxy SIII
Step 1. Assuming that you have followed every instruction carefully mentioned under Pre-Requisite and also downloaded the ROM and Gapps on your Computer.
Step 2. Then, you have to place both the downloaded zip files to the root of your SD card.
Step 3. Once you put them on SD card. Turn off your S III device to enter into the ClockworkMod recovery.
Step 4. In recovery mode, first you need to create the Nandroid Backup of your current ROM. This is helpful in restoring your ROM if anything goes wrong or even you don’t like the current ROM. For backup please visit – ‘Backup and Restore > Backup’ for backup.
Step 5. Now, you need to select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘Wipe Cache partition’ to wipe entire cache data from your Galaxy device. Now, under Advance option select ‘Dalvick cache’.
Step 6. Return back to main menu of the recovery mode. Then, select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ to browse into the SD card and locate the transferred zip file for ROM and flash the same on your device. Confirm the installation by selecting ‘Yes – Install____.zip ’.
Step 7. Repeat the above Step by replacing ‘SuperNexus-I9300-BUILD2-20120811.zip’ with ‘gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip’, which helps in flashing the Gapps on your device. This whole process may take around 7- 9 minutes to complete.
Step 8. After the completion of flashing process, select the ‘+++Go Back+++’ option to return to the main menu and select ‘reboot system now’ to restart your Galaxy S III device.