Samsung has already announced that Samsung Galaxy SIII is on their list of the 15devices that will be getting Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update. But still the AT&T SGS3 users will need to wait for official update until AT&T verifies the LTE version of radios and firmware. Right now the best way to get the Android 4.1 JB experience on your AT&T SGS3 is to root it and install the Asylum CM10 Jelly Bean ROM. Team Asylum CM10 has already worked hard on their ROM and released Build 03 is available now. Most of the issues has been fixed and there are few tweaks to enhance User interface and performance. UI is now GPU rendered. The best thing is that almost everything is working on this ROM and no bugs has been reported yet.
Warning: Installing a custom ROM needs root access of your device and rooting voids warranty. Therefore, please proceed at your own risk.
- This article is only for the users who own AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3. Please do not try the methods and steps from this article on any other device.
- ClockworkMod Recovery should have installed on your device before proceeding with this article.
- Please charge your device so that there is at least 70% or more charge with it, to assure that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You backup all valuable data’s on your phone, so that there is no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Procedure to update AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with Asylum CM10 ROM:
Step1: Reboot your phone so as to enter it in ClockworkMod Recovery. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together until the screen turns on. (In Recovery mode, user the Volume buttons to scroll up/down and then the home button to select an option.)
Step2: You can perform a Nandroid backup of your existing Rom so that you can revert the same whenever you want. To do so, select “Backup and Restore” and then select “Backup” again on the next screen that follows. Go back to the main recovery menu after backup is complete.
Step3: Now, from the main recovery menu, select “wipe data/factory reset” then confirm your action by selecting “Yes” on the next screen that follows.
Step4: Next, select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and then choose the ROM file you’ve placed on the SD card.
Step5: After the ROM has been installed, then flash the Google Apps Package in the same manner as you’ve flashed the ROM file in the previous step and choose the Gapps package instead.
Step6: When the installation has completed, select “++++Go Back++++” then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone and land into the newly installed Asylum CM10 ROM.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed Asylum CM10 ROM on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3. Do share your queries with us, we are here to help in all possible ways.