HTC One S is a 4.3-inch display phone. The HTC One S offers fast performance, the next-to-latest version of Android and reasonably good battery life. The One S in US is carried by T-Mobile for $199 with a two-year contract and that of an unlocked one is available for $549.99. But, those users who don’t want spend extra money can SIN Unlock the HTC One S on T-Mobile. It can be done by using their IMEI to find a specific encryption key and subtracting it from a specific un_lock_code. All these have been made possible by Android’s vibrant developer community. Follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article and you can successfully unlock your HTC One S to use any other service or make it an original HTC One S available internationally.
Warning: Before with article you must know that, rooting voids warranty of your device and neither we nor the developer should be held liable for any damages caused to your phone. Therefore, proceed at your own risk.
- This article is only for the users who own HTC One S on T-Mobile.
- You must have rooted your HTC One S before applying the methods and steps mentioned in this article.
- Ensure that there is at least 70% or more charge with your device, so that there is no Power interruption during the process.
- Please backup all essential data’s on your phone, so that there is no data loss during the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your HTC One S from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Download Unlock.zip file from here to your computer and extract the same on your computer. Also, place “unlock.sh” in “/system folder” on your HTC One S using a root-enabled file explorer such as: File Expert.
Procedure to SIM unlock HTC One S on Android ICS:
Step1: Now, execute .sh or use Android Terminal Emulator to type in the following commands:
Step2: You will now see a SIM unlock code on your display. If not, open up /sdcard/sim_unlock_code.txt to get it from there.
Step3: Now, Shut down your device. Remove your SIM card and replace it with a SIM card of an unsupported network.
Step4: You will be asked to enter SIM unlock code, so type in the code you saw in Step2.
Congratulations! You have successfully SIM-unlocked your HTC One S. now, you can use it on any other carrier or network. Share your joy with is or if you face any problem, we are here to help you in possible ways.