Spice Mi-350n is a budget range Android smartphone with dual sim capability. This made it lot popular until Galaxy Y was launched. The features were pretty same compared to Galaxy Y. Recently, there are few ROMs launched by developers for Spice-Mi350 which are pretty cool and thus you would need to root your device and install custom Recovery to install the custom ROM. We have created a detailed process to root your Spice Mi350n, check it out below:
[box type="note"]Alert: As you all know rooting voids warranty. We or the developer are not responsible if this procedure bricks your device. However, we have made sure that this process works perfect and checked it on testing model.[/box]
- Before beginning the process, the recommended step is to create the full backup of your device. Things for which you need to create the backup are SMS, call logs, contacts, images, videos, audios, APN and internet access point’s settings.
- Charging required in your phone up to 80% just to avoid turn off the phone during progress.
- Check for Firewall and Antivirus. If it is there, then disable and uninstall it to avoid any security issue while rooting or unrooting is in progress.
- Then, you need to enable your USB debugging through following the path ‘Settings > Application > Development > USB debugging’. Ticks mark the box to enable the USB debugging option.
- Switch on your Computer and get ready with your Data Cable.
[box type="info"]How to Root/unroot Spice Mi350n easily using OneClick Root tool: [/box]
Step 1. First of all, you need to download and install software in your Computer. Click here to download the software for unlockroot.
Step 2. Then, you need to connect your Spice Mi-350n with your computer via USB cable.
Step 3. Ensure that your device is connected properly with your computer. You can even check it in Device Manager of your Computer.
Step 4. Now, run the installed UNLOCKROOT software in your computer. On running this software you will find a green ‘Root’ button. Click on it to root your device and after waiting for few minutes you will be enable to root access on Spice device.
Once rooted you can go ahead and install the Bala ROM which is the best available custom ROM for Spice Mi350n. It looks like ICS MIUI and has many other features, check it out [ilink url="http://tips4droid.com/how-to-install-custom-rom-on-spice-mi350n-bala-rom-looks-alike-android-miui-ics/" style="tick"]Bala ROM[/ilink] .
Step by step unrooting process for Spice Mi350n:
Step 1. If you phone is rooted and you want to unroot it then the process is as simple as the rooting process.
Step 2. In this process, again you have to run the software and this time click the ‘Unroot’ button.
Step 3. After few minutes you will get a unrooted device.
[box type="alert" style="rounded"]Note: If phones systems hangs or stuck at any step, take out the battery and re-install. Now, start the procedure from the step 1. Do let us know if you face any issues or have doubts. [/box]