Motorola Photon Q provided a great option for people who were looking for a physical QWERTY Keypad on an Android phone and that too with 4G LTE connectivity. Motorola packed the Dual core 1.5Ghz processor with Android 4.0.4 IceCream Sandwich. 8MP camera, 4G LTE connectivity, physical QWERTY keypad, 4.3 inch scratch resistant glass are most inviting features.
Users who want to root their Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE can follow the below mentioned tutorial. Just unlock bootloader using Motorola website and you can install ClockWorkMod recovery to flash root and install SuperSU.
- Ensure that you have unlocked the bootloader on your device, which is really important.
- Put your device in charge till it’s battery level shows 100%.just in worse case it should not utrn off in middle of the process.
- Backup must be done for your data, apps and settings like SMS, MMS, APN settings, call logs, contacts, MMS settings, Wi-Fi passwords, images, music, videos etc on your Motorola Photon Q 4G so that your device won’t lose any data during the flashing process.
- All security suites which include firewall and antivirus should be disabled on your Motorola device and Computer as they will no longer be able to interrupt the process.
- Make sure that USB debugging mode on your Photon is enabled which you can do through the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’.
Flash CWM Recovery on Motorola Photon Q 4G:
Step 1. Once you have downloaded all the files from the link provided to your Computer.
Step 2. Then, you need to extract the Fastboot ZIP file to your Computer and then connect your Motorola to the Computer via USB data cable.
Step 3. Now, open up the Command prompt window and type the following command to reboot your device in bootloader mode-
adb reboot bootloader
Step 4. Once your device has been booted into bootloader mode, you need to type the command below –
fastboot flash recovery cwmrecovery.img
Step 5. This will begin the CWM recovery installation and it takes 6-7 minutes to complete.
Step 6. When it completes, you need to retype the following command to reboot your device –
Now, move to the rooting process which is right below.
Root your Motorola Photon Q 4G:
Step 1. If you have disconnected your device from the Computer then you need to reconnect it.
Step 2. Then, place the downloaded SuperUser ZIP file to the root of the sd card.
Step 3. Once again, open the command prompt and type the following command to enter into recovery mode –
adb reboot recovery
Step 4. In the recovery mode, you need to select ‘install zip from sd card’ followed by ‘choose zip from sd card’ to select SuperUser ZIP file.
Step 5. Soon, it will start flashing on your Motorola device. This process will also take few more minutes to complete.
Step 6. Once it complete flashing your device, you need to select reboot system now option to reboot your device.