Sony Xperia Tipo ST214i is a budget range Android ICS device. Tipo has been released in two avatars one the Tipo ST214i which is a single Sim ICS device and other is Tipo Dual which is a dual sim ICS device. Sony has packed 800Mhz Processor with Adreno 200 GPU to run Android 4.0.3 ICS. 3.15MP camera and an attracting price tag makes it a great rival for Galaxy Y and other budget Android Phones available in the market. Here we are telling about how you can gain root access on Xperia Tipo. Here we thanks developer who has created an automated rooting tool packed in a executable batch file to root Xperia Tipo easily.
Warning: Neither we nor the developer should be held liable for any damages caused to your phone in the process of following this article. Please follow the steps and methods accordingly as mentioned.
- The methods and steps mentioned in this article should only be tried on Sony Xperia ST21i Android Phone.
- Ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You need to backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Sony Xperia ST21i from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download the Xperia TIPO Rooting Package from here to your computer. Extract the downloaded file to a convenient location on your computer.
Procedure to Root Sony Xperia TIPO Android Smartphone:
Step1: First of all connect your phone to the PC via original USB cable i.e. the cable that came with it.
Step2: Now, open the “RunMe.bat” executable file which can find in the extracted files location, earlier which you have downloaded and extracted.
Step3: Once you’ve opened “RunMe.bat” executable file, enter the number “4” and press Enter to follow the on-screen instructions.
Step4: The rooting of your device will start and after successful completion of the rooting process, you will get the prompt in your Sony Tipo smartphone. You can even check on whether your phone got rooted or not from the “Root Checker” app which you can download from the Google Play Store.
That’s it; you’ve successfully rooted your Sony Xperia TIPO Android Smartphone. Share your joy with us or let us know your queries regarding this article, we are here to help you in all possible ways.