Sony Xperia Play was a gaming Android Smartphone. It was equipped with Sony Playstation technology. There are already many rooting packages and custom recovery available for Xperia Play R800x but this new process is easier and simpler and has lesser chances of Soft Brick. There are Two different tools one is SuperOneClick and another is created by XDA dev member DoomLord. We have tried to explain both the process to root Xperia Play, you are free to choose which one you like
Disclaimer: This instructional guide is only applicable for Sony Ericsson Xperia model R800x. If you try to make it work with different device then it gives you an unsatisfied result. Although this article is only for educational purpose but if you are looking forward to apply it on your Sony Ericsson Xperia then it’s on your own risk. Neither we nor the developer should responsible for the damage of your device under unique circumstances. Follow all the instructions carefully before proceeding.
- You Sony Ericsson Xperia model R800x is running on Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread.
- You must take the backup of your Sony Ericsson Xperia model R800x. Make sure that you have taken the backup of SMS, call logs, contacts, images, audios, videos, Bookmarks, APN (Access Point Names) settings, MMS settings. The backup file for this items will be helpful after rooting your device.
- You must install Android SDK on your Computer.
- Also, check for your Sony Ericsson Xperia USB device drivers, installed on your Windows. If not, then you need to install those USB drivers.
- You need to disable the anti-virus and firewall on your Computer and Sony Ericsson Xperia temporarily as they may cause interruption during rooting.
- Minimum charge required in your Sony Ericsson Xperia to complete the rooting process is around 60% or more. You may face power issue during the process is you fail to full fill this requirement.
- Enable that USB Debugging on your Xperia. Follow this path to enable it – ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’. Now, check the USB Debugging.
SuperOneClick (File Name: SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse.zip File Size: 10.14 MB)
DooMLoRD’s Easy Rooting Toolkit (File Name: DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip File Size: 1.79 MB)
How to root Sony Ericsson Xperia Play R800x using SuperOneClick Tool:
Step 1. In this process you must not mount your SD card.
Step 2. Then, you need to extract the downloaded zip file for SuperOneClick to a folder.
Step 3. Now, enter into the extracted folder and double click on the .exe file for SuperOneClick in order to launch it.
Step 4. Then, you need to connect your Sony Ericsson Xperia to the Computer via USB data cable.
Step 5. Then, click the Root and SuperOneClick will do the rest for you.
How to root Sony Ericsson Xperia Play R800x using DooMLoRD’s Easy Rooting Toolkit:
Step 1. You need to extract the downloaded zip file for DooMLoRD’s Easy Rooting Toolkit to a folder.
Step 2. Now, enter into the extracted folder and execute runme.bat to run DooMLoRD’s Easy Rooting Toolkit.
Step 3. Get ready to connect your Sony device to your Computer via USB data cable.
Step 4. In the screen you will find a set of instruction, which you must follow in order to successfully root your Sony Ericsson Xperia.
Congratulation! Boot the process mentioned here will lead you to successful rooting of your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play R800x.