Samsung has launched the Galaxy Note 2 recently and we are here with the rooting Tutorial. All Thanks to XDA developer forum member who has designed the rooting package to flash custom Recovery and root Note 2 easily using Odin. This is a simple and safe process already tested by many users. Until a fully automated too gets available this is the only easy method to root Note N7100. Check out the detailed rooting tutorial for Note 2 below:
Warning: Rooting of your Android device voids its warranty; the only way to reclaim your void warranty is by reapplying the stock firmware. Therefore, proceed with this article at your own risk.
- The methods and steps discussed in this article are only for the owners of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Please do not try this article on any other device or any other variant of Samsung.
- Please charge your device so that there at least 70% charge with, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You should backup all valuable data’s on your device, so that there is no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your device, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100:
Step1: Reboot your tablet so as to enter it Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up + Power buttons together until the screen turns ON.
Step2: Now, connect your Galaxy Note 2 to the PC via original USB i.e. the cable that came with it.
Step3: On successful connection of your Note 2 to the PC the ID: COM section in Odin will turn Yellow.
Step4: Now, click on “PDA” button on Odin and then choose the rooting package you’ve downloaded earlier and extract the same on your PC.
Step5: As soon as the rooting procedure has completed successfully, your device will automatically reboot.
Step6: You can download “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store, it will help you check whether your device is rooted or not.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Do let us know if you face any difficulties while following the article, we are here to help you always.