Samsung Galaxy Blaze 4G is a Android Smartphone with latest connectivity features. yesterday, an XDA forum member has made the process available to root this device using Odin. XDA developer forum member K0nan has made a small tutorial with Odin and required files download. We have created a detailed procedure following that. The process requires to download Odin and flash a rooted kernel on the device.
Right now, there are not much custom ROM available for Blaze 4G. But we will be reviewing some of the custom ROM very soon and updating you about the best custom ROM available for Blaze 4G. Also, for peoples who are looking to install Jelly Bean on Blaze 4G will need to wait for months for Official update[I am not sure if Blaze 4G will get Jelly Bean]. You will also need to wait for CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean to get ported, we have received no updates about developer working to port it.
- First thing you need in this process is a Windows based PC and an original USB data cable for your device.
- Then, go through the backup procedure to take the backup of all your precious data present in your device such as SMS, contacts, call logs, images, music, videos and APN (Access Point Names) settings etc. This is important because you may lose all your data during the process. Tips4Droid Android Backup Guide.
- Need to charge your battery up to 70% for the successful completion of the process. Otherwise, you may face the power problem during the process.
- You are also required to disable and uninstall the Anti-virus from your PC and device respectively as this may cause interruption during the process.
- You are also recommended to enable your device’s USB Debugging. To carry on this process you need to follow the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ and check the USB debugging option.
Odin 1.85 (File name: odin-185.zip Size: 198.58 KB)
Rooted Kernel TAR (File name: blaze-root-kernel.tar Size: 6.32 MB)Or Alternate link for Rooted Kernel TAR (File name: blaze-root-kernel.tar Size: 6.32 MB) PIT File (File name: blaze.pit Size: 3.9 KB)
Step by step procedure to root Samsung Galaxy Blaze 4G by flashing kernel using Odin:
Step 1. Proceed with this process by extracting the downloaded odin-1.85.zip file into a folder in a recognised location on your PC.
Step 2. Then, launch the odin-1.85.exe. When the screen appears on your computer screen then check ‘auto-reboot’ and unckeck all other options. Before proceeding ahead, make sure that you have checked recommended option only. Then, click on ‘PDA’ and select the tar file, which you have downloaded.
Step 3. Now, it’s time to select ‘PIT’ file, which you have also downloaded along with the other zip files.
Step 4. After completing above mentioned steps, put your device into download mode. For this, first you need to connect your USB cable to your PC but remember, don’t attach your device now. Now, remove your battery and reinsert it while holding Volume button and Power button simultaneously. Within a few seconds you will be in Download Mode’s screen.
Step 5. Now, connect your device to the USB cable which is already connected to your PC and click ‘Start’ button in Odin.
Step 6. Well done! Now, your device will auto rebooted and your device will work properly again.
Please let us know if you face any issues, we would love to hear from you. Also, you can share our post with your social contacts if you like the post. You can go ahead and install ClockWorkMod recovery on your Galaxy Blaze 4G so that you can backup your firmware or install custom ROM.