Motorola Droid Razr is a well know Android Smartphone it started the big screen war when it was launched. Droid Razr has proved itself a great option for Verizon and Rogers customers. It has created huge Fan base, now users are searching for a better tool that is safer and automated to root Motorola Droid Razr easily. XDA dev member has launched a easy to use tool that is a one click root utility. All complex adb commands are packed in a Single Utilty batch file or Linux shell file. You just need to execute and follow the Onscreen instructions. It is easy to use and safer for newbies who do not know much about adb commands. Features and options provided are as below:
Features and options provided bu Droid Razr Root utility:
- Restore Droid Razr to stock 6.12.173
- Droid Root for 2.3.6<moto fail>
- Unroot Droid Razr
- Install Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper app
- Install Bootstrap Recovery app
- Install Safestrap recovery app
- Overclock install
- Droid Razr root for Android 4.0.3
- Other recovery features
Warning/Alert: Rooting Voids warranty, you need to proceed at your own risk. Please understand that we or the developer will not be responsible for any damages caused by using this tool or following the below mentioned procedure.
- The steps and methods discussed herein are only for the users who own Motorola Droid Razr.
- You should charge your device so that 70% or more charge it there with it, in order to assure that there is no Power interruption during the process.
- You need to backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there is no data loss during the process.
- Disable all security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your device, as these security suites generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Mini from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
How to Root Motorola Droid Razr on Android 2.3.6 firmware 6.12.173:
- Extract the required downloaded file as for Windows OR Linux and Mac.
- Now, double-click on run.bat for Windows Linux or Mac and type “./run.sh” in the terminal window.
- Your phone will reboot times and then you will get a message “Exploit complete”, which means you phone has now been rooted and Superuser app, Busybox have also been installed.
- Once again reboot your phone and enjoy your rooted phone.
Congratulations, you have successfully rooted your Motorola Droid Razr and also installed Superuser app as well as Busybox on it. Share with your joy with us or let us know if you face any issue, we will try to resolve the same by the best possible way ahead.
Now, you can install CWM Touch recovery on Droid Razr. We will be bringing up latest updates for Droid Razr. Yesterday we have got some lead about Jelly Bean custom ROM, we are creating a post on it.
How to use Motorola Droid Razr Root and recovery installer Video Guide: