We are here again with an article that can help you root your Kindle fire easily. XDA developer member has launched the updated version of the Kindle Fire Rooting utility and made it even easier and safer to root Kindle Fire and install custom Recovery. Kindle fire is a great Android Tablet although it has some hardware and software limitations, but once you root you can get lot much out of it. The device has built in functionality to root and install superuser on Kindle Fire, install TWRP touch recovery on Kindle Fire, manage read/write, install Google Apps/Google Play store/GoLauncherEX. The tool is very simple to use check it out below.
Things Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.5 can do:
- Automatic elevation to root for tool operations.
- Full root install.
- Auto detect current bootmode.
- Auto Detect ADB/Fastboot Online/Offline.
- Auto download update.zip from Amazon.
- Auto download and install TWRP Recovery.
- Auto download and install CWM Recovery.
- Auto download and install FFF Bootloader.
- Manage current bootmodes.
- Manage Read/Write.
- Install GoogleApps/Market/GoLauncherEX.
- Lock/Unlock the Wallpaper from being changed.
In order to root your Kindle Fire you will have to first install the driver. But if it’s not installed in your device then this package comes with a file name install_drivers.bat which can help you in installing the drivers when you connect your device with the Computer using USB cable.
Pre-Requisite to Root Kindle Fire and install TWRP recovery:
- We always suggest you to Backup your Android device before rooting or installing ROM. So go ahead and backup apps, settings , essential data.
- Charge your Kindle Fire to atleast 70% to make sure there is enough power to go through the process.
- You will need a data cable and a PC with Kindle Fire drivers installed.
How to Root Kindle Fire using Kindle Fire utility:
1. Extract the Kindle Fire utility zip to a folder. Now, copy the Google apps zip to the folder Apps that you can find inside the extracted folder.
2. Copy the Twrp and copy to a folder named Recovery inside the extracted folder.
3. Now, Connect Kindle Fire to your PC using data cable. You can install driver present on the extracted folder, just execute install_drivers.bat.
4. Now, Double click the run.bat file to start the utility and follow the onscreen instruction to root the device. For more help check out the screenshots below.
This Tutorial even Works on the latest Kindle Fire update 6.3. Developer and testers have already tested the working. Watch the video below for detailed step by step tutorial . If you still want to control all your things then better use the adb rooting process for Kindle Fire.
Once you have rooted your Kindle Fire there are many custom ROM available for it. You can install a CM10 based Jelly Bean custom ROM or a fully tested stable GedeROm. We have recently updated our list of Best Custom ROM for Kindle Fire.