HTC Desire C was launched few months ago and the first IceCream sandwich phone with just 600Mhz processor. Qualcomm snapdragon with 600Mhz processor handled IceCream sandwich very well. Now, Jelly Bean is on the line and every HTC Desire C must be dreaming to run Jelly bean on their device. Right now, there is no ETA about Jelly bean firmware update or custom ROM. Xda developer forum member has released a process to root HTC desire C and install CWM recovery. We have created a detailed procedure that will guide you through the process.
Disclaimer: Rooting process is a risky process in itself, as your device may have to lose its warranty came along with your device. If your device get damage while trying to root then Tips4Droid is not responsible for that. So, proceed with your own risk.
- You are suggested to take the backup of all precious data on your HTC Desire C such as Call Log, Contacts, MMS, SMS, Bookmarks, Songs, Images, Videos, , MMS and APN settings, etc.
- Security suites such as anti-virus or firewall must be disabled from your HTC Desire for avoiding interruption during the process of installation.
- Battery life required to be 70% to complete the process else you have to face power issues in the middle of the process.
- USB Debugging Mode must be turned on so that your device would be detected on connecting it with the Computer. Navigate to the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’.
How to Root HTC Desire C Android Device on Stock Android 4.0 ICS Firmware
Step 1. Ensure that you have unlocked the bootloader on your HTC device.
Step 2. Now, you need to download the Superboot compressed zipped file (r1-ville-superboot.zip | 7.67 MB) and extract the same to your Computer. After that you need to connect it to your Computer and place the extracted folder to your SD card.
Step 3. Reboot your HTC Desire C Android Device and then press and hold the Volume Up and Down button, while holding both the button you need to press the power button to enter into the Bootloader mode.
Step 4. Now, you need to flash the Superboot r1 file to your HTC Desire using Computer. For different OS based computer we have different methods –
- For Linux Users: Here, you need to open terminal window, then type the proper path to navigate to the directory where you have extracted the Superboot zip file. Then, type the following command -
chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh./install-superboot-linux.sh
- For Windows User: Open the extracted folder and double click the ‘install-superboot-windows.bat’ file to run it.
- For Mac User: Open the terminal on Mac. Then, navigate to the extracted folder directory and type the following command –
chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh
Step 5. Download the CWM recovery image here. Again connect device to computer in bootloader more. Or you can just connect in USB debug mode and execute following command.
adb reboot bootloader [this is to restart phone in bootloader mode]fastboot flash recovery recovery-name.img
Considering that you have you have successfully rooted your HTC Desire S with Superboot. Enjoy now!