Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G is a great LTE 4G data enabled phone for T-Mobile users. Recently, xda member K0nan has released a detailed tutorial about how to root Galaxy S Blaze and install Custom ClockWorkMod recovery on it. All credit goes to developer shabbypenguin who has developed custom CWM recovery for this device. You would need to flash a modded kernel to root the device and then you can flash modded CWM recovery using Odin. Check out the detailed procedure below:
[box type="alert" style="rounded"] Disclaimer: Rooting your device voids warranty. please proceed at your own risk. [/box]
- You will need to Root your Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G, if you have not rooted yet follow this tutorial.
- You are highly requested to create the backup of your device as you may lose all your precious data and information during the process of installation. Here is the list of items for helping you in taking backup – call logs, contacts, images, music, videos, SMS, bookmarks and APN (Access Point Names) settings etc.
- Up to 60% of battery power is required to complete the process successfully. Less than this may complete the process but I’m not sure about it and I also don’t recommend you to take any chance.
- Please make sure that you have disabled your Anti-virus or firewall on your Computer and uninstalled the same from your device because presence of Anti-virus or firewall may cause interruption in the process.
- Do you remember the path for enabling your USB Debugging on your device because it is also important or else, your device will not be detected by the Computer. Here is the path to help you – ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’. Now, check the USB Debugging option.
Odin 1.85 (File name: odin-185.zip Size: 198.58 KB)
ClockworkMod recovery TAR (File name: Clockworkmod-Blaze-4G.tar Size: 5.98 MB)
Or ClockworkMod recovery TAR (File name: Clockworkmod-Blaze-4G.tar Size: 5.98 MB)
PIT File (File name: blaze.pit Size: 3.9 KB)
[box type="info" style="rounded"]How to Install ClockWorkMod recovery on Rooted Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G: [/box]
Step 1. First of all, you need to extract the odin-185.zip file into your desktop (or extract the zip file where ever you like in your Computer but remember the path where you have extracted).
Step 2. Then, run the odin-185.exe from your desktop and follow all the instruction to install it. When you have done with it. Launch it and check ‘auto-reboot’ and uncheck every other option. Then, click on ‘PDA’ and choose the ClockworkMod recovery tar file, which you have downloaded in step 5 under pre-requisite.
Step 3. After that, select ‘blaze.pit’ file, which you have downloaded in step 5 under pre-requisite section.
Step 4. Now it’s time to put your Galaxy Blaze 4G into download mode. In order to process this, first you need to connect your original device USB cable to your Computer but don’t connect it to your device now. Remove your device battery and once again reinsert it while pressing Volume Up & Down buttons and Power buttons together. After, few second you will find that your device has got inside a Download Mode.
Step 5. Then, connect your device to the USB cable in Download Mode itself. When it gets recognised by your Computer, click on ‘Start’ button in Odin.
Congratulation! Now your device will be auto rebooted and check if your device works properly. We would suggest you to backup your current firmware using CWM recovery. Also, we will be bringing up the list of Best custom ROMs for Galaxy S Blaze 4G very seen so stay tuned with us.