Micromax Funbook created sensation in the market being the cheapest Android ICS enabled Tablet. Funbook Tablet was enabled with capacitive screen and Android latest IceCream Sandwich firmware 4.0.3. Developers have broken through the security and rooted the Tablet. Now, you can install 3rd party apk and Custom ROM available for Micromax Funbook. Recently, we have got an update about JetMod 5.0 ROM for Micromax Funbook which can unleash the real power of your Funbook. We will be telling you about the ROM on our next post. Now, let’s go through the rooting procedure.
[box type="alert"]Disclaimer/Warning: You are going to root your device which voids warranty. To regain warranty you will need to unroot your Funbook. This procedure is tested and confirmed by developers and other users. We or the developer will not be responsible if you brick or toast your device while performing the procedure.[/box]
1. We would suggest creating a backup of all essential data including apps, contacts, email, call logs etc.
2. Enable USB Debugging, tap on Settings>>Applications>>Development and check the USB debugging option.
3. we recommend to charge your device to atleast 60% to ensure that you do face any reboot while following the procedure.
[button link="http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=954011&d=1332128846" style="download"]Sparky Root for Micromax Funbook[/button]
[button link="http://www.mediafire.com/?570mal0y77iyyw1" style="downloaded"]ADB drivers and CWM package[/button]
[button link="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noshufou.android.su&hl=en" style="download"]Install SuperUser from Play Store[/button]
[box type="info" style="rounded"]How to Root and install CWM on Micromax Funbook:[/box]
1. The rooting part is pretty simple. you just need to download the ROoting package which is a apk file. Now, transfer this apk file to your phone’s SD card. You will need to install this apk, you can download apps like apk manager to help you with this. once the apk is installed open the app and tap on “Exploit”. The procedure will start and it will take a minute to root your device. Now, the device will reboot.
2. You must have download the 2nd file mentioned on Pre-requisite section: cwm5ics.rar. Extract this to a folder. Now, connect your Funbook tablet to PC, recheck USB debugging must be enabled.
3. Go to device manager and scan for any changes. you will find an unknown device. “Right click” on the device and select to “update the device driver”. Select the driver present in the extracted folder which we have created in step 2.
4. Once the Driver is installed you can go ahead with installing ClockWorkMod Recovery. Before going through I will suggest to check if USB debugging is enabled.
5. On the extracted folder you will find a file named Recovery-install.bat. Execute it, and follow the on screen instruction to go through the procedure which will install ClockWorkMod recovery on your device.
6. CWM is installed and now you can boot into recovery by pressing the Home/option and power button simultaneously.
7. Now, you can install the SuperUser app from the play store link provided in the pre-requisite section.
You have rooted and installed ClockWorkMod recovery on your Micromax Funbook. Now, you can backup your current firmware and get ready for our next tutorial on installing JetMod ROM on it.