Samsung has launched Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 in May 2012 pre-loaded with Android 4.0.3 IceCream Sandwich. Tab 2 has a Dual core 1Ghz processor backed up by PowerVR SGX540. For those who are waiting to get Jelly Bean on this tablet will need to wait as Samsung has not announced any ETA of Jelly Bean update. Developers from CyanogenMod team has introduced a preview of CM10 Jelly Bean ROM on xda. This ROM can be flashed if you have a Rooted Tab 2 with custom recovery installed. Right now, on this post we are going to tell you about how you can easily root your Galaxy Tab 2 and install CWM recovery.
- There are few data you must be taking care of. All you need to do is to create the backup of files such as SMS, Call Logs, Contacts, Images, Videos, Music, Bookmarks, APN and MMS Settings, etc.
- Then, you need to download and install the drivers for your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3110 to your Computer (64-bit |32-bit).Ensure that KIES Mode is activated on your device through the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > KIES Mode’.
- Around 70% of battery is required for this process to complete successfully.
- Disable or uninstall the anti-virus / firewall from your Galaxy Tab 2 avoid interruption during the process.
- USB Debugging option must be enabled on your Galaxy Tab. For doing that you need to follow the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’.
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3110:
Step 2. For that you need to press and hold the Volume Down + Power button till yellow triangle appears on your screen and it does press the Volume Down button to get into the download mode.
Step 3. When you are in download mode, connect your Galaxy to the Computer while Odin still open in the Computer.
Step 4. The ID: COM section turns Yellow in Odin message box when it detects your device. Click on ‘PDA’ section, to choose ‘recovery.tar.md5’ and then click on ‘Start’ button to start installing clockworkmod recovey on your device.
Step 5. When it completes installing the CWM recovery then your device will reboot automatically.
Step 6. Then, you need to disconnect your device and wait for few seconds as it boot in normal mode with Clockworkmod recovery installed on it.
Rooting Procedure for Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3110:
Step 1. Then, you need to download the Rooting Package and place ‘cwm-root-gtab2.zip’ package to the root of the SD.
Step 2. Disconnect your device and turn off the same to enter into ClockworkMod Recovery just by pressing and holding the Volume + Power button simultaneously till it enter into the recovery mode.
Step 3. In the recovery mode, you need to select ‘install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard’. Browse into the SD card to select ‘cwm-root-gtab2.zip’ file. Confirm your selection by tapping on ‘Yes’.
Step 4. When it finish installing the zip file then select ‘reboot system now’ option from the main menu to restart your Galaxy Tab.