How to Root and Install Clockworkmod Recovery on the Huawei IDEOS X3 Blaze (U8510)

5 Flares 5 Flares ×

The Huawei Blaze (also known as the Blaze X3, IDEOS X3 or U8510) is a low-cost Android smartphone. The processor is a basic 600 MHZ unit with 256Mb of RAM. All thanks go to low skill on the Android-Hilfe forums for making it so easy!!

How to Root and Install Clockworkmod Recovery on the Huawei IDEOS X3 Blaze

This guide will show you how to root the Huawei Blaze, a low-end Android smartphone, and also install Clockworkmod Recovery, which should enable backups via Nandroid, flash a custom ROM and much more that the Clockworkmod Recovery usually offers. Read on to know how.

[box type="alert"]Disclaimer: Rooting your device voids warranty. While updating your Huawei IDEOS Blaze, neither we nor our developer are responsible for any major or minor problem. If their will be any damage to your device, we can assure you that we will shortly provide you help as soon as possible.[/box]

Important downloads before updating your device:

[box type="download"]

Automatic Root Enabler

U8510 USB Drivers

[/box]

Pre-requisites:

1. You will face problems reported while running the tool used in this guide on Windows XP, so make sure you have a Windows 7-based PC.
  2. Make sure you have the necessary drivers installed before you begin.
  3. This solution works only on a Blaze running Gingerbread (Android 2.3.x).
  4. Up to 80% of battery power is required during this procedure. Upto 60% may work but we recommend you 80% to make sure you do not face any power issues while rooting the device.
  5. We kindly requested you to create the backup of your device as you may lose all your precious data and information during the process of installation.

[box type="info"]How to root Huawei Ideos X3 Blaze and install ClockWorkMod recovery: [/box]

Step 1: At very beginning you have to enable USB Debugging on your device. To do this, go to Settings > Application > Development and then check the USB Debugging tick box.

Step 2: Now connect your device to the PC using a micro USB cable. Windows should install the drivers at this stage if it hasn’t done so already.

Step 3:  Double-click on Automatic-Root-Enabler–U8510–v1.1.exe you downloaded above. The tool should now automatically begin rooting and flashing CWM Recovery to your device.

Step 4: When the Automatic Root Enabler tool displays a message saying, “Root permissions enabled.  Enjoy! “, your device will be rooted and have Clockworkmod Recovery installed!!

Congratulation: Now your device will be auto rebooted and check if your device works properly. And if there is any further queries pleas leave yours precious comment.

Are you searching for:

cara nge root huawei u8510, huawei blaze root, how to update Huawei Blaze X3 U8510 into 4 0 4, how to update huawei x3 u8510 into 4 0 4, how to install cwm recovery huawei g510/0251, how to install cwm recovery for huawei g510/0251, Cwm Recovery Huawei G510/0251, cwm huawei x3, cara upgrade huawei ideos u8510, update cwm untuk ideos x3
5 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 2 Google+ 3 StumbleUpon 0 Pin It Share 0 5 Flares ×

DroidMan

I am computer science graduate. Android is my favorite mobile OS. I have also done some ROM and apps development for it. I keep reviewing latest ROM and Rooting guides. You can join me on Google Plus Circle. Also, visit my new website to get latest tuts about tech updates.  For latest Android Phone and Tablets updates you can join us on Facebook or Twitter

13 Responses

1. Osvald says:

Dear DroidMan,

I have successfully rooted my IDEOS X3 but now I have a problem in turning off my phone.
    When I turn it off by the hardware button, the blue letters drop down menu pops up and I scroll by the volume buttons to turn off but it keeps starting up all the time.
    PLEASE HELP!

• DroidBuddy says:

Hi Osvald,

Backup everything, now boot into recovery and select “Clear Cache/Factory reset”. Confirm by select Yes in next screen and this will resolve bootloop issue.

2. Osvald says:

Thx for your comment Droidbuddy.

Maybe I should have mentioned that the no-turn-off problem only occurs when the phone is connected and being charged. In a non-connected state there is no problem to turn it off and to keep it off.
    So it’s only when being charged that the problem occurs.
    Nevertheless, I followed your instructions so far but the problem is still there.
    It`s of course not a major problem but it should still be possible to charge the phone in an off-state.
    What do you think?

3. JD says:

I got this error while rooting m huawei u8510:
    failed to copy ‘Superuser.apk’ to ‘/system/app/Superuser.apk’ not enough space
    anyone know the solution?

• Osvald says:

Hi JD,

Just install GEMINI form the market and move some apps to the external SD card.
      This works fine when your IDEOS X3 (or BLAZE or HUAWEI U8510) has been rooted.

Cheerzz

4. KGR says:

I have the same problem. There is 110MB free on the internal card. I think it is a permission issue. Any comments/inputs.

5. Tony says:

I’m also getting the phone booting into Clockwork recovery when the phone is placed on charge when powered off. :( Any ideas?

6. geomink says:

it doesn’t work

screen of Automatic Root Enabler is locked on

screen of the smartphone blocked on the huawei’s logo; I must to remove the battery to reboot the phone

any idea?

7. Les says:

Thanks for this @droidman. Followed the steps and worked fine. Now I want to move on to installing a custom ROM but my phone won’t boot into recovery mode. Any idea what that could be? Thanks again.

• Les says:

Just in case anyone runs into the same problem, all I had to do was switch off the phone, open it and remove the battery for a few seconds, then put the battery back in and switch on. Now I can boot into recovery mode the normal way – pressing Volume-Up and Power simultaneously. Thanks.

8. ampareesan says:

i successfully root my smartphone i like to thank.. you

9. ultimatum says:

I try to root my Ideos X3 and it just freeze off. So i remove the battery and reboot my phone but i got only light green screen with two big square in the middle of the screen.One red and the other one blue.Nothing more. Please help i need my phone to work again.