Acer Iconia Tab A100 recently got a leaked Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM, we have already updated you about that. The Official update is yet to come. XDA developer member zeronull has updated us about the Rooting procedure of Iconia Tab 100 on ICS. Developer has created an executable bat file for Windows user that can guide you through the procedure of rooting. We have created a detailed tutorial for that.
[box type="alert" style="rounded"]Disclaimer: Rooting your device voids warranty. We or the developer are not responsible if you brick your device while following this procedure. Please proceed at your own risk. However, we have bought up this tutorial after research and testing.[/box]
- Ensure that your Tab is Acer IconiaTab A100. This ROM cannot be flashed on any other model.
- Make sure you have install Android 4.0.3 ICS. If not installed yet click here.
- You will need a data cable and a PC with Internet connection. We would also suggest to backup your device.
- Charge your Tablet to atleast 65% to make sure you do not face any power issues while rooting the device.
- Enable the USB devbugging option on your Tablet. Go to Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging and tap to check mark it.
- Download the Acer Iconia Rooting package.
[box type="info" style="rounded"]How to use the rooting package to root Iconia A100 on Android ICS:[/box]
The developers has made it lot easy to root your device. You just need to extract the zip file on your computer. Connect your Tablet to PC and execute the bat file that will guide you through the procedure. Still we have created a detailed tutorial, check it below:
- Extract the downloaded zip file to folder on your desktop and name the folder A100 root.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled. Go ahead and check it as suggested before.
- If USB debugging is enabled, connect your device to computer. Make sure it is detected by PC. You can check this by going to device manager on Windows.
- Now, check the extracted folder and execute the file named “runit-win.bat” with administrator preference. [there is a runit-linux.sh file to be used by Linux and mac users].
- Once you run the file, it will ask for a confirmation to root your device. Type “Y” and press enter. Rooting procedure will start.
- It will take few minutes after which the Tablet reboots. You cannot check if SuperUSer is installed. If it’s not installed (only in some cases) then install it from Android market. You can install rooted apps like Titanium backup to confirm that device is rooted.
Once successfully rooted you can go ahead and install Custom Recovery to create a backup of your device and current ROM. Once you have rooted your Iconia A100 Tablet I would suggest installing latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update [unofficial].