Few days ago Android 4.1 Jellybean was announced. It was followed by a full OTA Android 4.1 ROM for the Galaxy Nexus to become available. Jellybean packs in enumerable features such as: faster and smoother performance, offline voice typing, better Google Search functionality, much improved and even more useful notifications area and much more.
Update: Developer has abandoned the project and now working the SuperNexus ROM for Galaxy SIII. There are still bugs related Wi-Fi tethering, memory management and SD card formats. Even the SuperNexus has same bugs. Recently, an official Jelly Bean build leaked build for SGS3 so it feels like more stable custom ROM will be coming soon.
And now, SGS3 users can install this update on their device. All have been possible by XDA developer member Faryaab. Try this update in your device, from the below guide we’ve mentioned.
You must have rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII with ClockWork Mod installed
Those features which work in this ROM are:
- Hardware Acceleration
- Notification LED
- Cellular Radio (But No Audio so no Calls)
- Physical Buttons
What doesn’t work:
Warning: Please follow the methods and steps mentioned in this carefully as, neither we nor the developer should be held liable for any damage caused to your phone.
- The methods and procedures discussed in this article should only be tried on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
- You should charge your device so that there is at least 60% charge with, to assure that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- ClockworkMod Recovery should have been installed in your phone before proceeding with this article.
- Backup all essential data’s on your phone, so that they are not lost during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S3 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Download the latest version of the ROM from here, extract the same and copy it to the root directory of your device’s SD card.
How to install Android 4.1 Jellybean on Samsung Galaxy S3:
Step1: Turn off your phone and boot it into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do so, press the Volume up + Home + Power buttons together until the screen turns on.
Step2: Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM, so that you can revert the same whenever you want. To do so, select “Backup and Restore” then select “Backup” again in the next screen, wait till the backup process finishes. Go back to the main recovery Menu after the backup process has completed.
Step3: Now, select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and then choose the extracted file you’ve copied in the SD card.
Step4: After the installation process has successfully completed, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Android 4.1 Jellybean on you Galaxy S3. Let us know your queries, we are committed to help you in all aspects possible.