HTC Desire C users must be looking for a worthy ROM, Slim Sense ICs is here. HTC Desire C is a budget Android ICS Phone with a 600 Mhz processor and Adreno 200 graphics, but still it handles ICS quite stably. XDA senior member mmmcfc has designed the Slim ROM to run quite stably and speedly on low resources. Slim ROM is based on latest HTC Official firmware and zip aligned, Deodexed and tweaked it for better performance. You will experience an enhanced performance with good battery run time. Check out the installation process below:
You will need to root your HTC Desire C and install CWM recovery.
Warning: Installing a custom ROM needs root access of your phone and as you know rooting voids warranty. Therefore, please be aware of what you are proceeding with.
- Try the methods and steps mentioned in this article only on HTC Desire C.
- Please charge your device so that there at least 70% charge with, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You must have unlocked Bootloader and installed ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery on your HTC Desire C before proceeding with this article.
- You should backup all valuable data’s on your phone, so that there is no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your HTC Desire C from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Download Android ICS Slim Sense Custom ROM HTC Desire C, Fastboot.zip and boot.img from here to your computer. Place the Slim Sense ROM file to the root directory of your phone’s internal SD card and extract the Fastboot.zip where you will get Fastboot Folder. Now, put the boot.img file inside the Fastboot folder.
Procedure to Install Slim Sense Custom ROM based on Android 4.0.4 ICS on HTC Desire C:
Step1: Reboot your phone so as to enter it in bootloader. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together until the screen turns ON.
Step2: Now, select Fastboot from the Bootloader options to enter into Fastboot Mode.
Step3: Connect your HTC Desire C to the PC via original USB cable i.e. the cable that came with it.
Step4: Now, open command prompt on your PC and type the commands that follows:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Step5: As soon as the process has completed you will get a “Finished/OKAY” message, then safely disconnect your phone.
Step6: Now, enter your phone into recovery mode. To do so, press Hboot to go back to the main Bootloader mode.
Step&: Now, select Recovery to boot in CWM recovery Mode. (Here use Volume Up/Down button to move Up/Down in menu and to open a selected option, use Home/Power button.)
Step7: From the main recovery menu, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and then select “Wipe Cache partition” to perform these steps simultaneously.
Step8: Next, go to the “Advanced” menu and select “Wipe Dalvik cache” from there.
Step9: Now, select “Install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and then select the Android ICS Slim Sense ROM zip file you’ve placed on the SD card.
Step10: Next, again repeat the “Wipe data/factory”, “Wipe Dalvik cache” and “Wipe Cache partition” and then from the main recovery menu select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
You’ve successfully Installed Android ICS Slim Sense Custom ROM on your HTC Desire C. Share your joy with us or any doubts you have, we will try to resolve the same.