Acer Iconia Tab A100 is a Dual core processor powered Android Tablet shipped with Android 3.0 Honeycomb. Acer America has already tweeted about the ICS update that will be available shortly. We will be just telling you about how you can install the leaked ROM for Iconia A100. The procedure is simple you just need to have Rooted Tab with Recovery install. You can download the ICS ROM and Flash it using Recovery.
[box type="alert" style="rounded"]Disclaimer: Rooting and installing ROM voids warranty of your Tablet. Please follow the tutorial at your own risk. However, at tips4droid we are committed to test the procedure and thus you can rely on it. [/box]
- During this process, you will be required to have Acer device, windows based Computer and a USB data cable.
- You have been recommended to take the backup of your precious data such as SMS, call logs, contacts, images, audios, videos, Bookmarks, APN (Access Point Names) settings and MMS settings etc. Don’t you skip this step because you may lose all your data.
- Battery should be charged to 65% or more if you don’t want to face any power issue in between the process.
- Anti-virus or firewall should be disabled and uninstalled from your Computer and Acer device respectively. As these anti-virus / firewall may interrupt the process.
- Check for your USB Debugging option by following the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’.
Official ICS 4.0.3 ROM (Size: 294MB)
[box type="info" style="rounded"]How to Install Android ICS 4.0.3 leaked ROM on Acer Iconia A100:[/box]
Step 1. Assuming that you have downloaded the ROM’s zip file on your Computer hard disk and followed all the steps under pre-requisite. So, let’s start the installation process with the connection of device with your Computer via USB data cable.
Step 2. Then, copy the downloaded zip file to the root of the SD card.
Step 3. Once the transfer is completed, turn off your device to enter into the CWM recovery mode by holding Volume button and Power button simultaneously until you see the recovery mode screen on your Acer device.
Step 4. Then, select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ and once again select ‘Wipe Cache partition’. Now, Under Advance option, select ‘Dalvick cache’.
Step 5. After this, go back to the recovery screen and select ‘install zip from SD card’ and then once again, select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Look for the ‘[ICS 4.0.3]Acer_AV041_A100_0.002.00_WW_GEN1.zip’ file or any other name if you have renamed it after downloading it. Select that zip file to flash the new ROM. The process may take around 7-10 minutes to complete.
Step 6. Now, select ‘+++Go+++’ option to return into the main menu and select ‘reboot system now’ to restart your device.
Step 7. Congratulation! You have successfully completed the whole process. Now, enjoy the new ICS ROM on your device.
Note: If you face any issue then you can consult with us or with the developers on XDA thread.