T-Mobile HTC One S users are still looking for Jelly Bean update. HTC One X got a SDK port but many things are not working. HTC One S is expected to get a Jelly Bean firmware Officially by September 2012. I do not think that somebody will be able to port Jelly Bean to HTC One S until the stock build is released for any other HTC phone similar to One S. Until then I suggest reader to install TrickDroid custom ROM on T-Mobile HTC One S or International HTC One S. TrickDroid is the best ROM available for HTC one S users who want their phone to be fast and better battery efficient. Developers have ripped, deodexed, zipaligned and tweaked the Stock Android ICS firmware to create the ROM that makes HTC One S interface and performance super fast.
- In order to perform this operation you need to have a rooted HTC One S with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it, Windows based Computer and USB data cable.
- Also, need to perform a backup process for some of the important files from your HTC device. As you may need them later after the completion of the process for restoring your data. List of files need to backup – SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Audios, Images, Videos, Bookmarks, APN (Access Point Names) settings and MMS settings etc.
- Ensure that you have currently uninstalled and disable the anti-virus or firewall from your HTC device and Computer respectively.
- Up to 50% of battery is required to for the completion of the installation process or else your One S will turn off in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB Debugging option on your HTC One S just by following the path mentioned below – ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’.
TrickDroid v5.0 ROM (File Name: TrickDroid_v5.0.zip File Size: 497.43 MB)
For T-Mobile HTC One S download here:
How to Install New TrickDroid v5.0 ROM on Your HTC One S:
Step 1. After completing all the above steps mentioned under Pre-Requisite and downloading proper zip file you need to connect your HTC One S to the computer via USB data cable and place the downloaded zip file to the root of the SD card.
Step 2. Switch off your One S for getting inside CWM Recovery Mode just by holding and pressing the Volume Up button + Home button and Power button simultaneously for few seconds till recovery screen doesn’t appears on the screen. Release the buttons after that.
Step 3. Create the Nandroid backup from the recovery to restore your current ROM. This will be helpful when you don’t like this ROM.
Step 4. Next, you need to wipe your cache file simply by selecting ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache’. Also, select ‘Wipe Dalvik’ from the Advance menu option.
Step 5. Then, you have to select ‘install zip from SD card’ and select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ next. Scroll to the downloaded zip file and select it to flash the ROM on your HTC One S.
Step 6. This process will take around 7-8 minutes to complete. Then, you need to select ‘reboot system now’ option to reboot your One S.
Congratulation Now! You have successfully completed the installation process on your HTC One S. Let me know your view related to this TrickDroid v5.0 ROM.