Samsung has always kept its flagship phones updated. They have already launched Android IceCream Sandwich for Samsung Galaxy S2. Now, they have released the latest update XWLP7. This update is targeted for Russian region though Samfirmware has leaked this update for other Galaxy S2 users. Now, it can be flashed in other parts world. You just need to have Odin and you can download the flash the firmware to Galaxy S2.
- Get ready with your Windows based Computer, Galaxy S2 device and USB data cable.
- Backup of all the application and data is must as this updating process is going to wipe all your data such as SMS, contacts, call logs, bookmarks, APN (internet settings), images, videos and music etc. So, it’s better to create backup of above mentioned important data.
- Device battery must be charged to 60% or more. So, you will not face any power issue.
- Uninstall Samsung’s PC software Kies, if installed. This may cause interruption during the flashing process.
- Disable and uninstall the anti-virus from your Computer and device respectively to avoid interruption during the process.
- Enable your USB Debugging by following the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ in your device and then, check the USB debugging option.
XWLP7 firmware (File name: I9100XWLP7_I9100OXELP7_SER.zip Size: 416MB)
Odin3 v1.83 (File name: odin3 v1.83.exe Size: 415.50 KB)
How to Install ICS XWLP7 firmware on SGS2
Step 1. Begin the process with the extraction of ‘I9100XWLP7_I9100OXELP7_SER.zip’ file to a known location.
Step 2. Then, install the downloaded driver properly to your Computer according to your system type.
Step 3. Now, turn off your device and reboot your Galaxy S2 into a Download Mode by pressing Volume Down button, Home button and Power button simultaneously. Within a few seconds, you’ll get the Warning! Screen… press Volume Up button to continue.
Step 4. Connect your device to Computer via USB cable and you will see the message ‘Added!’ under odin’s message box. If you don’t get this message, that means your device is not connected to the Computer.
Step 5. Run and launch the odin3 v1.83.exe file on your Computer. Then, check ‘auto-reboot’ and uncheck all other options. Before going ahead, please conform that you have checked the recommended option only. Now, click on ‘PDA’ and select the ‘I9100XWLP7_I9100OXELP7_I9100XXLPS_HOME.tar.md5’ file, which you have got after extracting the ‘I9100XWLP7_I9100OXELP7_SER.zip’ file.
Step 6. Remember that, do not touch any button till it finish.
Step 7. After that, click ‘Start’ button in Odin to start flashing XWLP7 firmware. When you have done with this process, your device will automatically reboot within a second and you’ll find Samsung Logo on your screen. Now, it’s the right time to unplug your cable.
Step 8. Well done now! You can have your device with latest Ice Cream Sandwich update on it.