KANGXPERIA Project is from XDA recognized Contributor championswimmer. He has started this project to port the KANG Android 4.1 Jelly Bean to major Xperia Devices like Xperia S, Xperia Arc etc. Right now, I am going to tell you how you can install this Jelly Bean based ROM on Xperia S. All major things are working on this ROM and this is one of the best available Jelly Bean ROM ROM for Xperia S that is stable. We came to know that some users have reported bugs related to Camera Panorama mode and Hotspot functionality but they will be counted in minor issues. You will not see a full working ROM until Sony introduces a working Android 4.1 Jelly Bean kernel for Xperia devices. So this is the best option to try Jelly Bean right now on your Xperia Phone. You will need to root Xperia S and install Custom Recovery to flash this ROM.
Warning: Installing custom ROM needs root access of your device and as know rooting voids warranty. Therefore, please proceed at your own risk.
- The methods and steps mentioned in this article should only be tried on Sony Xperia S.
- Ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You must have a kernel that has a custom recovery.
- You need to backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Sony Xperia S from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Procedure to Install KangXperiaProject ROM based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Sony Xperia S:
Step1: Now, reboot your phone so as to enter it in Recovery Mode. To do so, press the Volume up when the LED is purple.
Step2: Next, wipe factory reset then go into “mounts/storage” and format system (only if you are on ICS, not on updates from Jelly Bean).
Step3: Now, from the main recovery menu select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and then choose the Rom file you placed on the SD card.
Step4: After the installation of the ROM file has completed, flash the Google Apps Package in the similar ways as you’ve flashed the ROM file in the previous step, but instead of the ROM file choose the “Gapps” file.
Step: After the installation of both the files have completed, simply reboot your phone.
That’s it; you’ve successfully installed KangXperiaProject ROM based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your Sony Xperia S. Share with us if you face any problem, we will try to resolve the same.