Google has already launched Android 4.0 Jelly Bean that has emerged as a rival of iOS 6. Now, everyone is looking for Jelly Bean firmware for their mobile. Yet Jelly Bean is available on few devices. Soon developers will be bringing up latest Jelly Bean firmware and custom ROMs.
Google came up with new unique font with Android 4.0 ICS which most of its user loves – it was named Roboto. Talking frankly with you people, it is good looking and it makes UI looks to be improved little bit that came with Android 4.0. Now, with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean the Roboto font seems to look even better.
Those who are running Android 4.0 ICS on their devices and have ClockworkMod recovery installed on it can go ahead with this process of installing.
Warning! This method we are going to discuss below is quite risky and we are not suggesting you to follow it. This article is just for educational purpose and your device stop responding at the middle of the process then neither we nor the developer must held liable.
- You need to backup all your important data, which is necessary for you to save your data from being lost during the installation. Data’s to be Backup are SMS, Contacts, Songs, Images, Videos, Call Logs, MMS and APN settings, etc.
- You also need to disable the security suites whatever present on your device just to avoid interruption in the process of installation.
- Make sure that you have rooted your Android device with ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Around 70% of battery is required on your device to complete the process or else you will face power issues.
- The USB Debugging option on your phone should be enabled. For this you may have to follow the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’.
- Jelly Bean Roboto Font (Filename: JB Font – Roboto Slim.zip File Size: 510.78 KB)
- ICS Font (Filename: ICS Font – Roboto Standard.zip File Size: 556.44 KB)
How to Update Jelly Bean Font on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM
Step 1. First of all you need to connect your device to the Computer via USB data cable and place both the downloaded zip file to the root of the device’s SD card.
Step 2. Then, disconnect your device and turn it off to reboot it into ClockworkMod recovery by using few button combinations as pressing and holding Volume + Power button simultaneously.
Step 3. Now, you need to select the ‘install zip form sdcard’, and then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Then, locate the JB Font – Roboto Slim.zip file to flash it on your Computer. When it asks for confirmation, select ‘Yes’ on the next screen.
Step 4. Once the installation is completed, you can select ‘+++Go Back+++’ > ‘reboot system now’ to reboot your Android device. Then, the Jelly Bean font will be installed on your device.
Step 5. Note! In case you don’t like the new Jelly Bean font then boot into recovery mode as discussed earlier in Step 2 and flash the ICS Font – Roboto Standard.zip file to restore the previous fonts by following the step 3.
Congratulation Now! You have successfully installed the Jelly Bean Font on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich ROM. I wish you may don’t have to follow the step 5.