Jelly Bean is out and everyone is looking for Custom Jelly Bean firmware. Sony Xperia Playwill be getting Jelly Bean update but you will need to wait for few more weeks. I think the Jelly Bean custom ROM of the Official firmware will be available by August 2012 end. Right now, we are here to talk about the new XDark Custom ROM for Xperia PLay. Based on Android ICS 4.0.3 firmware this ROM is pretty stable and responsive. Equipped with AROMA installer and Full touchpad support. You will also get XLoud and MIUI music player.
Disclaimer: The process we are going to discuss here is quite risky and your device may get damage if you won’t follow the steps carefully. Neither we nor the developer should be held responsible if anything goes wrong during any circumstances.
- There are few things you need to do before starting the installation process. One among them is to taking the backup of your precious data on your Xperia PLAY. The file or data you are looking for the backup are Contacts, SMS, Call Logs, Songs, Images, Videos, MMS and APN settings, etc.
- You are also requested to disable the security suites such as anti-virus or firewall from your device as well as from Computer to avoid interruption during the process.
- Minimum 70-80% of battery is required in your device to perform the installation process successfully.
- Also make sure that the USB Debugging option on your Xperia is enabled. To enable this you have to go through the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’.
- XDark Custom ROM Firmware Package (File Name: XDark ICS v0.1 [Xperia-Play].zip File Size: 108.29 MB)
How to Update ICS 4.0.3 Based XDark Custom ROM Firmware on Sony Xperia PLAY
Step 1. Assuming that you have rooted your Sony Xperia PLAY and downloaded the zip file from above mentioned link before starting the process.
Step 2. Now, connect your Xperia device to the Computer via USB data cable.
Step 3. Then, place the downloaded zip file to the root of the Xperia’s SD card. After that disconnect it from Computer and turn it off.
Step 4. Once again connect your Xperia to the Computer via USB data cable while pressing and holding the Search button.
Step 5. Now, open the Command prompt or terminal in your Computer. I think you know it well how to do it. Then, type the commands below and press Enter after every command.
fastboot –i Oxfce flash boot boot.img
fastboot –i Oxfce reboot
Step 6. When the device rebooted then press the volume button for few times to get into the ClockworkMod Recovery. Use the Volume key for navigation and Power key for selection.
Step 7. From the recovery mode, select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache Partition’. Then select ‘install zip from SD card’ and then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Locate the ‘XDark ICS Custom ROM Firmware Package’ and select it to flash the ROM on your Xperia.
Step 8. Within few minutes your Xperia will be updated with XDark ICS Custom ROM firmware. Then, select the ‘+++Go back+++’ option and then select ‘reboot system now’ for rebooting your device.
Step 9. Disconnect your device and follow the path to check whether the firmware is installed properly or not.
Note: If you find any error or phone gets stuck then press the power button for 4-5 seconds to turn it off and repeat the whole steps once again.
Congratulation! You have owned Sony Xperia PLAY with ICS based custom ROM firmware on it. Please share your view with us regarding this article.