HTC Sensation can now install Jelly Bean on their device. Bruce2728 has introduced a KANG based CyanogenMod 10 Jelly ROM on XDA forum for HTC Sensation. CM10 Jelly Bean is stable on HTC Sensation. HTC Sensation has pretty high hardware featuring Dual core 1.2 GHz Scorpion processor with Adreno 220 GPU that is running Jelly Bean very fluid. All Jelly Bean features are working on Sensation, there is a minor bug with front camera that will be resolved very soon. You just need to have 4EXT recovery on your HTC Sensation and then you can flash the ROM. Check out the detailed installation procedure of ROM below:
Warning: Neither we nor the developer should be held liable for any damages caused to your phone in the process of following this article.
- This article is only meant for the users who own HTC Sensation.
- Make sure that your HTC Sensation has S-Off and its bootloader is unlocked. You must also have installed ClockworkMod recovery or any other custom recovery on your phone before proceeding with this article.
- Ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You need to backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your HTC Sensation from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Procedure to install CyanogenMod 10 ROM on HTC Sensation
Step1: Reboot your phone so as to enter it in ClockworkMod recovery. To do so, press and hold the Volume down + Power buttons together until you see the HBOOT menu, from here press the Volume down button to select the Recovery option and then press the Power button to confirm your selection.
Step2: Now, select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “Yes” on the next screen that follows to confirm your action.
Step3: Next, select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard” and then select the ROM file you’ve placed on the SD card.
Step4: After the installation of the ROM file completes, flash the Google Apps Package in the same manner as you have flashed the ROM file.
Step5: After the installation is complete, select “++++Go Back++++” then select “reboot your system” to reboot your phone and land into CM10 ROM. First time rebooting may take 5 or more minutes so be patient.
That’s it; you have successfully installed CM10 ROM on your HTC Sensation. Share your thoughts with or any problem you face, we will always try to help you out from the same.