We have already told your how to root and unroot your Spice Mi350n Dual sim Android Smartphone. This is a Indian model and thus there are lot less developers concentrating on programming ROM specifically for this Phone. An Indian developer Bala has developed a ROM based on the latest Gingerbread update. The ROM very much represents the MIUI or ICS user interface. Beside that it has lots of tweaks like all bloatware are removed, additional programs pre installed on ROM, RAM usage optimization makes this ROM the best available option for Spice Mi350n.
Features of Bala’s custom ROM for Spice MI 350N:
- All bloatwares removed.
- Addition of programs like root explorer, Go Launcher EX, Youtube, Google search, Google Play store, Barcode scanner, Terminal Emulator and Nexus Revamped pro live wallpaper
- RAM usage optimization
- Modified notification bar
- New colorful and amazing wallpapers added to the gallery
- Addition of Samsung Vibrant boot and shut sound
- New battery icon
- Status bar and drop down modification
- Added Nexus default ringtones
1. Must have rooted Spice MI 350N. If you have not rooted your device yet, follow this tutorial.
2. We would suggest to create a backup of all essential data on your device. We have been working on articles that can help you backup you device and then restore it after a factory reset or ROM install.
3. You would need to install Modded ClockWorkMod recovery on your device as there is no official version available for this device. Download Moded Recovery
4. Once you install the Recovery backup your device’s ROM. Create a Nandroid backup.
5. Do Factory reset on your phonephone or moded recovery.
6. Download the file Balas_ROM_v1.01_GB_signed_update.zip
Step by step procedure Procedure for installing Bala’s Custom ROM on Spice MI 350N:
Step1. Connect your phone to the computer with the original USB cable.
Step2. First copy the above downloaded Balas Rom into your sdcardon the root directory.
Step3.Now disconnect the phone and restart the phone to enter in recovery mode –> Flash zip from sdcard –> choose zip from sdcard and select Balas_ROM_v1.01_GB_signed_update.zip
Step4. Now installation will go in progress, wait phone will automatically restart.
Note:deodexed version may take some more time to boot and so you should have to wait.
That’s it you are now in updated Rom on Spice MI 350N.
- Download Bala ROM v1.5 . Extract the files using Winrar or other utility. You will get a folder name Bala_ROM_v1.5 and it will contact 3 zip files named Part1.zip, part2.zip and Part3.zip.
- Copy the whole folder to SD card by connecting phone in USB mode with the PC.
- Now, boot into recovery and choose to “install zip from SD card” and browse to the Bala_ROM_v1.5 folder on your SD card and select part1.zip file. Now, select “++Go Back++” and select to reboot the system. If installed successfully you will not be able to boot in normal bootloader mode. [this is designed by developer to create a preemptive cache]
- Again boot into recovery and this time got to Mount and storage option and then select system>> data. Now, select “++Go Back++”. And now, select to install the zip and this time choose the part 2. Now, Reboot the device and this time you will be able to get into the normal ROM but yet there will be things not working so there is patch part 3 you need to apply.
- Boot into recovery and choose to install zip and this time select the last part 3.zip file. After installing, select Go Back and choose to wipe cache/factory reset. Now, select “Reboot the system”.
If you are unable to boot again or get stuck at boot screen. Just take out the battery and re-insert now start the procedure again.